Good gifts for someone you don't know that well

gmoney

• Paid Members

What's a decent gift for someone who's done you a favour, but you don't know that well? In this case a residents association director (unpaid position). The go to is probably a bottle of wine, but as a recovering alcoholic I hate getting booze as a gift, and I don't know if this person drinks either, so don't want to risk that. My next route one thought was box of chocolates, but they're a kickboxer in very good shape, so chances are high they might not want something like that either. 

What small gift can you get for someone who you don't know very well? 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What's a decent gift for someone who's done you a favour, but you don't know that well? In this case a residents association director (unpaid position). The go to is probably a bottle of wine, but as a recovering alcoholic I hate getting booze as a gift, and I don't know if this person drinks either, so don't want to risk that. My next route one thought was box of chocolates, but they're a kickboxer in very good shape, so chances are high they might not want something like that either. 

What small gift can you get for someone who you don't know very well? 

At some supermarkets they have gift cards that cover multiple outlets, including for meals out or general shopping for clothes etc. A card with the food options mean you can give them some money towards a nice dinner, maybe take out the Mrs as well for a free date night, and because it covers multiple outlets it means that it gives them plenty to choose from depending on dietary requirements and current fitness regimes. I've done this a couple of times for people in this scenario and it always go down nicely.

Alternatively - 

MV5BMmJiOGZmMjUtZGY2OS00MDc1LTlhODEtM2RiNTgyNjA4MWY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE2NjU3Nzk@._V1_.jpg.f9c756b6e0d9fb13471aff207d1bb967.jpg

• Members
40 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Bloodsport on DVD.

I reckon this is the winner.

How about something for their flat? Dunno if you know them that well, but if you know they have houseplants, or maybe a coffee machine, something to do with that? New pods, or a few bags of beans.

Obviously don't go buying them new bedding or something as that would be weird, but that could be nice, something for their home.