Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Such a shame 46 is no age and they just announced a comeback with various stadiums booked so he was going to finally make some money from the band.

• Paid Members

That's awful. 46 is no age. They put out some decent tunes as well. 

• Paid Members

Al Jaffee of Mad Magazine has died at age 102. He's a legendary cartoonist, I've been a huge fan my whole life.

He created the famous back cover fold in and snappy answers to stupid questions if that means anything to anyone 

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

Did he commit suicide?

I'm not sure, but from the way it was described as sudden and unexpected I suspect he may have done. 

Thankfully the media seems to be getting better at reporting when people end their lives. Not only did they always say they’d killed themselves, they’d say how. Obviously it’s still not perfect but hopefully it’s getting there. 

Of course, because of the times we live in, if you don’t print why they died it’s obviously the Covid vaccine wot did it. 

5 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Al Jaffee of Mad Magazine has died at age 102. He's a legendary cartoonist, I've been a huge fan my whole life.

He created the famous back cover fold in and snappy answers to stupid questions if that means anything to anyone 

When I was around 12/13 I bought Mad for a year or so. I'd have to trek for fucking ages to get it, only one newsagent in the Kingston area had it, and despite not understanding 90% of the pop culture references, absolutely loved it. Spy Vs Spy being my favourite bit.

Then I moved and I just couldn't be arsed to walk that far anymore.