Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Such a shame. What a band the YMO were. He puts in a great acting and movie theme writing shift in "Merry Christmas, Mister Lawrence". What a bloody film that is.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Such a shame. What a band the YMO were. He puts in a great acting and movie theme writing shift in "Merry Christmas, Mister Lawrence". What a bloody film that is.

I've never seen the film but have heard people mention it a lot. Never knew it was him!

Yeah, a fantastic composer.  I’ve ended up with two copies of Merry Christmas… in my record collection, clearly can’t resist when you find that one in the bargain bins.  And Discord was absolutely brilliant and inspirational, with that ninja tune remix ep getting some serious rotation in the 90s.

Didn’t realise he was ill but he had an impressively long and diverse career.

• Paid Members

YMO were also very nearly on Michael Jackson’s Thriller album too but legal issues stopped it. “Behind The Mask” was set to be sampled and some of the rereleases of Thriller have it on there. Really good song but the YMO original packs more punch.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

YMO were also very nearly on Michael Jackson’s Thriller album too but legal issues stopped it. “Behind The Mask” was set to be sampled and some of the rereleases of Thriller have it on there. Really good song but the YMO original packs more punch.

Eric Clapton does a version of it that was quite good for about 1986. YMO gave it to Michael Jackson who ran into legal shit with it (and it was a shite version to be fair), he (or YMO) gave it to someone called Greg Philligranes (prob spelt wrong) then Clapton took it.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Klaus Teuber, inventor of the game that introduced many to German gaming, Settlers of Catan has passed at just 70 years old.  And no, I’ve not got wood.

Not even for sheep?

In the long run I don't think Catan is a particularly great game. We play it every couple of years and the reaction is always.....yeah.

At the time though it really did open the public's eyes to hobby board gaming and despite my comments above the game does endure.

The recent football expansion is the stupidest idea I've heard though.

Edited by Just Some Guy
'