Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, JLM said:

It’s like when people deliberately try to make “bad movie night” movies, when so much of the appeal and charm of a bad movie is when you can  see they were earnestly shooting for something good. As soon as I get the sense they’re winking at the camera and doing “lol look how janky and RANDOM this is” the joy is completely lost. 

Yeah I hate Kung Fury too.

Those Megapython Vs Godzilla the landlord or whatever movies can go away too. Especially the Sharknado series. As stated prior, a great bad film is something they've put proper effort with limited resources and talent to make something. That's where great stuff like Samurai Cop comes from.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I bought that on DVD when it first became a cheap title. Never taken the plastic off, now I know not to.

Nah, Kung Fury is an homage. Sure, it’s tongue in cheek, and the action is deliberately OTT, but not in a “haha aren’t we being deliberately shit and random lol” way. I can see why it would be polarising, you either get and appreciate the humour or it grates. But I like a spoof, I like the aesthetic, I like synthwave. Ticks all the boxes for me, really. 

• Paid Members
On 9/14/2024 at 10:54 AM, wordsfromlee said:

I think it all started with that Curry's one. 

Their whole Twitter feed belongs in this thread to be fair. It looks like it's run by the Steve Buscemi "how do you do fellow kids" character. I really wouldn't be surprised if that video was originally intended to be deadly serious and then they doubled down on it.

Such natural delivery. 

14 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I'm in London for work today which is already shit enough. Train is like a field hospital after day 1 at Passchendaele. Is everyone ill? Why is everybody coughing their lungs up? Why are these fuckers on the train infecting everyone else - especially me? Bastards.

Definitely noticed this since schools have been back and the weather's got shit again. I feel like I'm just sat there waiting to get infected. Even people coming into the office and sneezing and coughing all day. Lovely.