The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King

Loki

2 hours ago, Vamp said:

To be honest, it would have been better all round if they'd buried her secretly (granted the royal family probably isn't capable of that anymore) and kept an empty casket on display. It's not like the casket is open. Nobody would know. Means the fake casket could be on display longer. Reduce some of the barmy queues. Anybody who questions how they keep the body from decomposing will be shouted down anyway. Plus the family actually get to have the funeral in private. 

I think that is exactly what's happened. I'm not having for one second that they've really paraded her corpse around for the poor people to have a gander.

They needed to create a spectacle of national desire and urgency to see her body and have people "pay their respects" to help continue to make any attempts at justifying why we're all continuing to pay towards these cretins.

12 hours ago, Vamp said:

Can't help but think it's a waste not to sell fast pass tickets. You'd make a fortune. Give some of the money to one of their charities. 

To be honest, it would have been better all round if they'd buried her secretly (granted the royal family probably isn't capable of that anymore) and kept an empty casket on display. It's not like the casket is open. Nobody would know. Means the fake casket could be on display longer. Reduce some of the barmy queues. Anybody who questions how they keep the body from decomposing will be shouted down anyway. Plus the family actually get to have the funeral in private. 

Took me 2 minutes to think of that. Its taken them bloody forever to come up with a plan that costs money and results in people queuing for 30 hours.

I mean, we are not talking mental numbers for this queue, this could have been much more efficient, quicker and accommodated many more people than it has.

The fact that the queue has been designed this way is pure 'grief watch' spectacle bullshit.

Or as someone on Twitter said, take the coffin along the queue for a bit of a flying visit. Much better. 

This made me laugh from someone in our group chat yesterday. 

spacer.png

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

If they're going to do a Sean Lock joke, they could at least get the wording right.

The trick isn’t to copy other people’s jokes, it’s to have a couple of really unfunny jokes of your own and post them relentlessly.