Chris B

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, TheLoon said:

I can see Punk not even returning at this point. He walked out on WWE over far less drama than this. With the lawyers now involved, his grump personality doesn't seem to fit coming back to TV and working in the same building as the Elite boys.

If that happens, Khan may have damaged his relationships with his core guys for nothing.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They should make this thread title the name of their next PPV.

Or videogame!

As an aside, and this will probably be my last comment about Punk vs Hangman or Punk vs Omega & the Bucks - it's a work.

Someone got into Tony's head that "worked shoot" was a tremendous way to add intrigue and get eyes on the product, and considering how many people thought MJF was actually gone and might end up in WWE, which bled into that "please show up at the PPV" voicemail (which - can I shock you? - I didn't hate) - he's proven himself right to a degree. So, short of going off on one about Cabana, I think the rest of it is Punk being Punk because everyone involved knows his disciples will lap it up.

Punk vs Page and Punk vs Omega will happen, probably on PPV, and we'll all have a laugh about this. Or, it's Rock vs Rowan again and you'll all have a laugh at me.

EDIT -

Look how polarizing the responses are to this drama/"drama." If I'm proven right and it IS a work, Tony's a lot smarter than plenty of us give him credit for. The buzz from the presser has got plenty of people talking about the product that wouldn't usually, myself included.

Edited by air_raid

7 minutes ago, TheLoon said:

I can see Punk not even returning at this point. He walked out on WWE over far less drama than this. With the lawyers now involved, his grump personality doesn't seem to fit coming back to TV and working in the same building as the Elite boys.

We will know pretty soon. They have TV on Wednesday and, if there is an ongoing legal aspect (which I think means they police were involved due to the assault(s), not that somebody is getting sued - yet), Khan has to make some decisions about who is going to be at TV and sharing a locker room with each other.

The Dynamite card was looking a little lackluster so all this drama has me intrigued at least.

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Look how polarizing the responses are to this drama/"drama." If I'm proven right and it IS a work, Tony's a lot smarter than plenty of us give him credit for. The buzz from the presser has got plenty of people talking about the product that wouldn't usually, myself included.

So my problem with it being a work is that it doesn't make much sense timing wise.

They'd done enough to get people talking. MJF turned up. They'd done a decent show. Would you really want all of that ignored just to suddenly pivot to some weird Punk/Elite shoot? Where's the benefit in that?

Obviously not saying it can't be a work, because stranger things have happened. I'm just not sure why it'd be necessary. People might be talking but they're talking about all the wrong things.

• Paid Members

Brandon Cutler has said BTE will be out at 12pm EST/5PM GMT. If it opens with them all laughing and joking I think I may lose my mind.

Instead, it will probably just be Johnny Hungiee throwing water bottles into bins against Trent,  Ryan Nameth talking in riddles and some shoe shopping with the Bucks.

31 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Instead, it will probably just be Johnny Hungiee throwing water bottles into bins against Trent,  Ryan Nameth talking in riddles and some shoe shopping with the Bucks.

Punk should be in the background of every shot like some skinny Michael Myers

44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Brandon Cutler has said BTE will be out at 12pm EST/5PM GMT. If it opens with them all laughing and joking I think I may lose my mind.

As long as we get Peter Avalon on it, I’m all good 

2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean that has to be someone here right? If it had ended with Tony walking to a chippy and finding Gangrel outside eating crisps then it could've been the best tweet ever.

What does Tony get from the chippy, what we reckon lads?