Chris B

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Apparently Bobby Fish has challenged Punk to a MMA fight

Little bottom feeder trying to lure Punk into deep water. Punk would batter him but don't think he'd be baited into a fight on such a small scale. 

Tilapia. 

2 minutes ago, JLM said:

Little bottom feeder trying to lure Punk into deep water. Punk would batter him but don't think he'd be baited into a fight on such a small scale. 

Tilapia. 

Punk couldn't batter a sausage. Bobby wouldn't fare much better

• Paid Members

According to Bryan and Dave, when Page did that whole "you say you're all about workers rights" promo, while the audience didn't know it was about Colt, everyone in the back knew exactly what he was referencing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

I'd say Punk is pretty clearly in the wrong.

He's kicked off over perceived slights - He's heard the rumours that he got Cabana pulled from shows and just assumed the Bucks were responsible for the story. He took Page's promo as a dig over Cabana, when it might not have been and was forgettable anyway.

I think it clearly was, what else could it have been about? I don't want to take away from CM Punk's clearly shitty, nuclear reaction, but what the fuck was Page thinking doing that without clearing it with Punk first? To allude to something clearly very personal and sensitive to an already ultra sensitive guy is some astonishingly bad judgement. At the the time I thought the whole promo was fucking weird, didn't play into the story up to that point and didn't add anything. What an unbelievable miscalculation.  

As others have said, it'll be bananas if there's no repercussions for Punk after this, but he is one of the most compelling characters in the company. As is MJF and the storyline there is Tony's caved into him because he's such a big star. Not great timing. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Apparently Bobby Fish has challenged Punk to a MMA fight

I'm confused. Should Punk be more worried about Omega, K or Omega 3?

33 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What an unbelievable miscalculation.  

Yeah. That whole promo was awful and did absolutely nothing to further anything.

Punk's an arsehole, sure thing, but there needs to be an understanding that he's one of their top stars and for the good of the company, its better he's on board. The Bucks and Omega getting pissy over things is bizarre. Just don't speak to the fella, stop being snidey twats.

By the way, he should and I think will be punished. As should the other 3. Stop with the bollocks and just get professional

Edited by Factotum

28 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I think it clearly was, what else could it have been about? I don't want to take away from CM Punk's clearly shitty, nuclear reaction, but what the fuck was Page thinking doing that without clearing it with Punk first? To allude to something clearly very personal and sensitive to an already ultra sensitive guy is some astonishingly bad judgement. At the the time I thought the whole promo was fucking weird, didn't play into the story up to that point and didn't add anything. What an unbelievable miscalculation.  

As others have said, it'll be bananas if there's no repercussions for Punk after this, but he is one of the most compelling characters in the company. As is MJF and the storyline there is Tony's caved into him because he's such a big star. Not great timing. 

No one had half a clue about Pages promo at the time and was largely considered just weird and rambling at the time. That Punks sat on it for months than just come out and said something is the terrible communication skills costing him again. punks hardly innocent in taking shots at people, he just thinks when he does it it’s good, but when it’s done to his short order cook ass it’s putting cards at risk. Fuck that.
And his two faced ness about taking advice, It’s not like Hamgmans done too bad to get to headline level in aew, if punk sees him as being a young boy than a peer then that’s his bad too. He’s not gonna have the fans all naturally take his side like it’s 2014, the fans have been on the aew journey with the Elite guys and aren’t gonna side with the grumpy old guy. There’s still massive amounts of collective goodwill with The Elite for taking the chance and doing shows through lockdowns while he sat at home waiting for crowds to come back to decide if he fancied it again.

• Paid Members
Just now, Louch said:

No one had half a clue about Pages promo at the time and was largely considered just weird and rambling at the time. 

Agreed, which makes it all the more stupid and pointless on Page's part. Waste of air time to rile someone up to pop your boys in the back and about 1% of your audience.

Just now, Nick James said:

All I want for Dynamite, is for Eddie Kingston to just walk out with a shit eating grin, say 'I told you so' and walk off. 

Eddie beating Punk for the title would be great. There's a feud where the lines are blurred in all the right ways