Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm convinced that JR secretly enjoyed it when Vince would humiliate him on TV. 

It distracted him from the traumatic flashbacks he'd have every time Lawler shouted "Puppies!" while sat next to him in commentary. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, JNLister said:

Regarding the numbers, the current "worth" of WWE is its market capitalisation, meaning the number of shares x the current share price. At this precise moment that's $6.65 billion.

One way to estimate a likely share price is "a bit over the market capitalisation", with the extra being a "takeover premium". That reflects the fact that you have to pay above market price when people know you want to own the whole thing. So something in the $7-8 billion region wouldn't be insane.

Whether it's a worthwhile investment is another calculation. If you paid the $6.65 billion, at current profit levels it would take about 20 years to make your money back, which isn't outrageous for a public company. That would change if the TV rights go up as expected.

However, it's a very different proposition if you're a TV company. WWE's total US rights fees (Raw/NXT/Smackdown/The Former Network) are currently the best part of a billion per year, so if that goes up significantly, it could almost be cheaper to buy the company than to sign a long-term TV deal.

Based on this (haven’t seen the article) the TV renewodeal may not be as favourable2AF1B901-6256-4B53-96A8-5B0A56D7CD7B.thumb.jpeg.1bd641483bcba8fcb5c931f92d33dc37.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Based on this (haven’t seen the article) the TV renewodeal may not be as favourable2AF1B901-6256-4B53-96A8-5B0A56D7CD7B.thumb.jpeg.1bd641483bcba8fcb5c931f92d33dc37.jpeg

That's been out for a while. Over a month in fact. However, it only gained some buzz the past day due to the latest WON coming out.

Apparently those numbers only relate to ads, but not retransmission fees which would bring it up to more than half the cost. Something that the WON seems to have missed out on is that Morgan Stanley's projections for Raw & Smackdown renewals at their lowest to be an 1.35x increase with 1.5x being an average, and maxing out at 2.0x.

It's more about the stability of Smackdown is better than than the risk in developing more than 2 shows and all the reruns need to fill the timeslot. Certainly at a tipping point which is why it's seen as best to cash out now before getting the TV deals done.

Edited by Infinity Land

1 hour ago, RalphyV2 said:

Yes, being a bellend behind a keyboard is why you are so exhausted and I'm so awake as I'm a good lad 

Ralphy you have been given some really good advice in the dolt thread and instead of taking it on board you post this. Look I was glad to see you back, in fact I started a thread last time you left to ask if anyone had heard from you as I was worried. 

Posting something like the comment above is going to open up the possibility of a response and not just from Shy Dad but also from anyone else that may be annoyed with you on here. 

You need to start reading the forum better mate, you have been nominated for a few negative awards again, surely that tells you that your posting is rubbing people up the wrong way. Like Facesitter said you could be a real positive asset to this forum if you actually listened to peoples advice. Sadly you don’t seem to want to do that, you pop up in every topic posting jokes and gifs that often fail to land and then disappear from them just as quick. 

Please think before you post, it would be a real shame if this place became somewhere you are no longer able to enjoy. 

I don’t think anything in the last 12 months has made AEW as appealing as this mess.

Vince is apparently now, after it being confirmed he wouldn’t interfere and was just facilitating a sale, back in the office and suggesting creative changes. Quelle fucking Surprise.

Triple H will be gone by the end of Q1 and Sami will be out on his ear with no resolution to the Bloodline story.

Still, this is probably superb news for Cody just as he’s about to return.

6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don’t think anything in the last 12 months has made AEW as appealing as this mess.

Vince is apparently now, after it being confirmed he wouldn’t interfere and was just facilitating a sale, back in the office and suggesting creative changes. Quelle fucking Surprise.

Triple H will be gone by the end of Q1 and Sami will be out on his ear with no resolution to the Bloodline story.

Still, this is probably superb news for Cody just as he’s about to return.

There's been rumour for a while now he wants to make an on-screen appearance as well. Raw 30 or the Royal Rumble being talked about.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

There's been rumour for a while now he wants to make an on-screen appearance as well. Raw 30 or the Royal Rumble being talked about.

I think you need to start providing some sources to your claims on here, Mr. R. Mill.

• Paid Members

The worry for me, is that Vince will indulge himself with an appearance at tonight's Raw or at the Rumble and he will get a huge pop as he always does. His ego wouldn't be able to contain it. I've tried my hardest to enjoy the product itself without trying to think about the backstage issues in recent times and I still haven't put a penny into the company or watched through official means in years which won't change any time soon.