15 years since the Benoit family tragedy

SaitoRyo

• Paid Members
On 6/28/2022 at 12:57 PM, sevendaughters said:

in latter years how everyone important knew how it happened before Raw aired is, in my mind, probably the darkest indictment of Vince.

he's in a bit of a no win doing nearly anything there. If he's running raw as normal it's wrong, if he's breaking the story on Raw he's a sleezy cunt using it for ratings, doing what he did makes him seem like a head case. 

The only sensible thing, as I see it, is pulling raw and putting on an old episode in it's place then a formal press release later saying they didn't want to comment until the families had been informed and had time, but that would require genuine concern for others from the man using a recently bereaved widow to pop a rating in 97.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

I don't know if he's since commented on what information he did or didn't have, but I reckon by that point Regal had simply lived a life and seen some things, and knew better than to speak freely before the facts were in, as what might've been unthinkable to others was all too plausible to him.

Yeah, it was reported at the time that two of the co-workers Benoit sent the texts to from either his or Nancy's phone were Chavo Guerrero Jr and William Regal. Chavo has since confrimed this, I don't know that Regal has but his words on the tribute show would lead to that conclusion. 

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Yeah, it was reported at the time that two of the co-workers Benoit sent the texts to from either his or Nancy's phone were Chavo Guerrero Jr and William Regal. Chavo has since confrimed this, I don't know that Regal has but his words on the tribute show would lead to that conclusion. 

I think Benoit sent dodgy texts to a few people IIRC, including Chavo and referee Scott Armstrong, who was his other travel buddy and used to drive Benoit to the arenas. Regal was one of the many wrestlers who was relative neighbours with the Benoits in Atlanta and moved in some of the same social circles. He likely knew a lot more than most about their marital issues and had probably seen them have arguments in public, which was apparently a recurring thing when they went out friends. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see Jordynne Grace has been made to retract her comments on Benoit burning in hell by Chavo, Jericho and David.

Nancy’s sister has now reached out on Twitter about the apology to her. People in the business should probably be more considerate on how likely it is people impacted will see their comments in comparison to a random commenting.

If your first sentence is you admitting that people are going to get mad about what you’re going to say, it isn’t worth the hassle of putting it out there in the first place.

I can’t remember what she said word for word, but why even set yourself up for that knowing what an absolute cesspool Twitter is.

I finally got through listening to the Crime In Sports episode I linked a few posts ago. They try and keeps as light as it allows usually and they manage to do up until the murder talk, it all gets very grim from that point on. There’s a few things in there that I hadn’t heard reported before, but it baffles me how anyone can think he is innocent. Unless they’re just trolling for attention of course.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If your first sentence is you admitting that people are going to get mad about what you’re going to say, it isn’t worth the hassle of putting it out there in the first place.

I can’t remember what she said word for word, but why even set yourself up for that knowing what an absolute cesspool Twitter is.

The thing is, the first part of her tweet was 100% correct, it went to shit when she decided to say 'Benoit wouldn't be able to hang with the guys of today'. Now shes shit herself because Big Daddy Jericho and Chavo have got the hump and completely lost all self respect, to the point that went Sandra Toffoloni called her out on it, she decided to 'take it to DMs', which was quickly and rightly brushed off. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Sorry to say guys, but anyone who has talked bad about his in-ring work in this thread now has to pay the five grand 'Benoit Tax'. Them's the rules. 

The boring, personality vaccum, short armed cunt.

Well worth the fine.

• Paid Members

Jericho, in particular, seems to have been trying to keep tabs on David Benoit, and that seems to have been a big part of the Benoit-tribute tights he wore a couple of years ago. And telling David's story as part of the Dark Side Of The Ring series was important as well. But getting arsey over someone shit-talking a murderer to the point of rewriting his story entirely as a CTE one... that's some bullshit. 

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Jericho, in particular, seems to have been trying to keep tabs on David Benoit, and that seems to have been a big part of the Benoit-tribute tights he wore a couple of years ago. And telling David's story as part of the Dark Side Of The Ring series was important as well. But getting arsey over someone shit-talking a murderer to the point of rewriting his story entirely as a CTE one... that's some bullshit. 

Jericho has also kept in with Nancy's sister I believe (along with Heyman) and in her podcast with him she was not really going for the whole CTE thing (Jericho wasn't pushing it but there had obviously been issues before with Benoit and Nancy) so he shouldn't really be pushing that when he clearly knows there were other issues. Perhaps he is just trying to protect David, he does seem to have been involved in his life so fair play to him for that

• Paid Members

The whole thing gives me a headache. Proper mental gymnastics to justify still enjoying watching a child murderer do some fake fighting. “You must respect the in-ring work!” and, “the poor man had CTE!” are mutually exclusive takes. You can’t have both. If you think Benoit was a lovely bloke (LOL) who just happened to murder people because his brain was scrambled eggs, then you have to admit the very reason his brain was in that state was because he stupidly threw his head into wood and steel as hard as possible every single night. The CTE brigade should be more disgusted watching the matches than anyone! You’re literally watching him give himself the very brain damage you think is responsible for that horrific night! Don’t let that get in the way of a fun cage match with Kurt Angle though, yeah? HOF 2023!

There are so many mitigating factors when it comes to Benoit and the death of his family then his suicide which followed. 

Chris Benoit had suffered repetitive concussions which had a serious effect on his brain and mental stability.

Aaron Hernandez was a pro NFL player for the Patriots who was convicted of first degree murder and let go on another charge in another state. 
He committed suicide in prison the same day he was found not guilty of the second charge being brought against him.

Aaron suffered repetitive concussions too.

When they opened up Aaron’s brain, it was similar to that of a 78 year old Alzheimer’s patients brain. 
He was only 27.

Then we need to take into account the years of steroid abuse, which his wife mentioned countless times to close friends.

Plus he was writing to Eddie Guerrero in a diary, which can be a good coping mechanism for people dealing with tragedy but his way was always leaning towards the extreme. 
He wanted to be reunited with Eddie and decided at one point or another that he did not want to die alone. 

I think he killed his wife then immediately regretted it.

Once he realised what he had done there was no going back and he decided to follow through on his plan to take his family with him into the afterlife.

I do not condone in any way shape or form the actions he decided to take but I do understand that mental health and wrestling are the greatest of enemies. 

For further example , watch dark side of the ring. 
Most of the info relayed seems to check out.

Edited by UnitedEmpireEra