Ric Flair having one more match

Callum1993

42 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

fzJscte_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

It’ll be double J or Tully. Flair ain’t doing a surprise match now he knows there’s money in it 

• Paid Members

I'd assume it's Jeff Jarrett and that they're either announcing him closer to the date, keeping it under wraps in case he needs to be replaced last-minute (can't rule out that he signs with WWE again!), or just confident that Double J wouldn't sell any additional tickets than anyone already announced. 

It could be a complete random, admittedly, as I'm working on the logic that it would be someone connected to the Four Horsemen, but given that Jay Lethal is already in there doing a Randy Savage gimmick, who knows? Jarrett and Sting are the last Horsemen still actively wrestling, and while I wouldn't rule out Flair wrestling again, he's not doing it unadvertised on a show like this, particularly after Steamboat apparently turned down the chance to be in his last match. Brock did the Horsemen gimmick with Brian Pillman Jr on that show, but I doubt they'd leave Pillman Jr as a surprise. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Did David Benoit ever train to wrestle in the end?

I don't think so. Last I ever heard of it was that he "enrolled" at Lance Storm's school and either didn't show up at all or showed up and made a ton of excuses to avoid actually doing any work.

He's a fantasist who talks about what he'll do when he goes to NJPW, and what name he'll use in WWE, but has never had a single match and likely never finished a day's training. It annoys me when he gets interviewed or makes headlines, because people like that are a dime a dozen sniffing around any wrestling school, but most don't have a surname that can be ghoulishly exploited. 

• Paid Members

I realised I'd never seen what David Benoit looked like, so googled him - not to body-shame, but he has no chance. He looks ill, and he's definitely not put the work into even looking like a wrestler.

With a father like Chris, and having grown up around the industry, and then to add on everything else that happened, it must have all contributed to why he talks the way he does. I hope he'll eventually develop some insight and get some help.

7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't think so. Last I ever heard of it was that he "enrolled" at Lance Storm's school and either didn't show up at all or showed up and made a ton of excuses to avoid actually doing any work.

He's a fantasist who talks about what he'll do when he goes to NJPW, and what name he'll use in WWE, but has never had a single match and likely never finished a day's training. It annoys me when he gets interviewed or makes headlines, because people like that are a dime a dozen sniffing around any wrestling school, but most don't have a surname that can be ghoulishly exploited. 

Ah good. Just had this horrible thought that if he had this wouldn't be the worst way to have him on a card. No one knows beforehand so no one talks about how bad an idea it could be, he's in there with good hands who could get him through it, he has links to the Hosemen through his father and people might be more inclined to accept the idea of him wrestling after the match. 

Personally I'm hoping the mystery person is David Flair. I miss him, Daffney and Crowbar mucking around in the dying days of WCW. Wouldn't be the same without Daffney though.