Ric Flair having one more match

Callum1993

• Paid Members

I watched it until Flair's entrance and while I was dreading him bleeding all over the place, seeing how old and fucked he looked just walking to the ring made me tag out.  I hate excessive blood at the best of times, but the thought was too much.

I was genuinely expecting to wake up today to read he was back in hospital or dead, so at least that's something.

The undercard was really good I thought, just a shame the crowd was so dead for all of it. Also loved the announce team and JCP notalgic presentation. 

Definitely need to see more of Jacob Fatu v Josh Alexander and really hope the rumours of Bandido signing with Impact are true.

(Very underrated Lawler backstage promo too. "This young man here".)

Edited by garynysmon

How good was Jeff Jarrett!?

Hook him up with Edge’s or Triple H’ TRT doctor and he could look like a million bucks again for one final WWE run.

Feed him to Roman in Saudi Arabia. 

Flair looked a lot better in those Jay Lethal training vids. I think he overtrained and was actually hurt before the show. It was what it was. He’s 73. Give him a break. 

This was just a spectacle to fund his retirement account / survival. Conrad is a good man.

That AAA match was great. 

Also, didn’t Taker completely ignore DDP when coming to his seat!?

Also, why didn’t they book Dustin Rhodes and did anyone see David Flair?

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Watched the entrances and the first couple of minutes. Then skipped to the "hot tag" at the end. The one were Ric slithers under the bottom and eventually manages a crawl on top of Lethal. Before the wrestling equivalent of 'Weekend at Bernies' took place.

That "hot tag" might genuinely be the worst thing I've ever seen in a wrestling match, but bless Andrade for making sure he reached over the top rope and made a legal hand-to-hand tag, while Ric just had his hand dangling over the bottom rope. Especially as the ref had been bumped, and earlier in the match Flair just got in the ring and started wrestling without a tag and Chioda just treated him as the legal man regardless because fuck it, it makes his life easier.

Andrade was a really fun babyface all match, but Jarrett was a star. Every bit of heat, every bit of drama, every fun bit of business, all stemmed from him. That was just a walking advertisement for any other aging veterans that there's someone out there that can walk you through a passable match safely, do all the work, and still put you over at the end. I bet Hogan's rifling through his Filofax trying to find Double J's number right now.

• Paid Members

While I hope we never see Flair anywhere near a wrestling ring again, I really hope they produce these "Jim Crockett" shows every year. With thousands of fans in town for Starrcast anyway, and with Conrad being the shill that he is, it feels like a no brainer to bring together non-WWE companies for a supercard of some sort.

47 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

While I hope we never see Flair anywhere near a wrestling ring again, I really hope they produce these "Jim Crockett" shows every year. With thousands of fans in town for Starrcast anyway, and with Conrad being the shill that he is, it feels like a no brainer to bring together non-WWE companies for a supercard of some sort.

It depends on the expectations. Originally this was supposed to be at the Fairgrounds. So they weren't expecting much. Would help to have the right event to piggyback off as well. As this was certainly an attraction, but Summerslam was the draw.

• Paid Members

I'm not saying any wrestler of Flair's age should be wrestling, but there are guys around his age and older that were/are able to wrestle without passing out and spending half the match looking like they can't even stand. I'm going to assume most of them aren't chronic alcoholics with pacemakers, only a few years of being on a dialysis machine and at death's door, and most of them aren't blading and trying to work thirty minute main events.

I made the mistake of downloading Jarret's latest podcast, it's not even him but some annoying fans talking about the match being "good, actually". You can hear them convincing themselves that it wasn't a complete shitshow with a guy looking like a zombie from the moment he walked out.