AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I’ll tell you what, I never rated Keith Lee in NXT. He was decent in-ring but I never really got him so I couldn’t have cared much less about his debut here.

I watched that match this morning though and he had me from the first move. Private Party made him look like a star, but he was showing a lot of charisma too and he really stood out. 
Watching Dynamite again after work and my wife saw him do that throw and went FUCKING HELL and she never looked away until the match was over. She loved him.

A pretty flawless show top to bottom. That Blackout onto the steps will go down in history. One of those spots where you expect them to reverse it because it’s so bonkers so when they actually do it you can’t believe what you’ve seen. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Did no one else expect Wardlow to be Punk's partner? Especially when they showed MJF and Spears (but no Wardlow) watching Punk's entrance backstage!

I did wonder whether they were going to force him to team with Wardlow and do some conflicted avoiding the tag, then unable to watch any longer and having to get involved in the match. 

5 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Did no one else expect Wardlow to be Punk's partner? Especially when they showed MJF and Spears (but no Wardlow) watching Punk's entrance backstage!

Nah, after last week it would have been like Sting tagging with one of the Horsemen.

With the delay in music kicking in, my heart was set on Samoa Joe.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Most importantly, do we know for certain whether Marko Stunt's contract has expired yet? If not, I can't think of a better way to write him off the show than by having Keith Lee throw him to the moon, never to be seen again.

Be careful what you wish for. If he's still under contract there's no way Tony won't be having them do the ECW Spike Dudley spot and have him yeeted into the crowd and we'd end up with another 12 months of him knocking about because of the replays it'll get. 

• Awards Moderator

That was a start-to-finish great episode.

The Punk-Pinnacle segment at the start did a great job of putting over last week’s match, setting up what was a fantastic tag match later in this show, and furthering the Wardlow storyline. Even if reading the UKFF last night had me hoping for Samoa Joe, Mox was a good choice for Punk’s partner.

Santana really shone in the Inner Circle segment - he could be a big star for them if they went for it. Very impressed by him. Jericho was better on the mic than he’s been in a good while too.

Keith Lee will stand out in AEW, just by his size if nothing else. We don’t know who else is in that ladder match but it’s hard to think of anyone else winning it.

I don’t know who Jay White is except for reading the NJPW thread on here.

Main event was really good, Hangman showed he can win that kind of weapons and blood match as well as beat the likes of Danielson. The Blackout on the steps was brutal, the fork licking was obscene, the finish was great. He’s a good Champ and they should try to focus on him more and work to make him feel a level above in the way all the former champs did.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Santana really shone in the Inner Circle segment - he could be a big star for them if they went for it.

Absolutely. He's so synonymous with Ortiz as a tag wrestler but he has the promo skills, charisma and aura to be a top singles guy if they ever want to go that way. I love him.

• Paid Members

On a normal episode of Dynamite, Santana’s promo would be the most talked about thing. A complete revelation. Real Eddie Kingston vibes in how authentic it felt. For a medium built entirely on conflict and violence I can’t remember the last time someone was grabbed by the neck the way Santana grabbed Jericho. Same when Ortiz stuck his fist in Jericho’s face. Amazing stuff. Plus, Santana breaking the fourth wall and looking into the camera with a face that said, “listen to this dickhead!” was incredible. He’s all of us on every episode of Rampage, wishing Chris would shut up and fuck off.

2AEFF741-A1F4-4F62-A7C1-C8BA9A28CCF9.thumb.jpeg.967bb413a19aae1be0582ffd72bfe560.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Absolutely. He's so synonymous with Ortiz as a tag wrestler but he has the promo skills, charisma and aura to be a top singles guy if they ever want to go that way. I love him.

He's wrestling Gresham for the ROH title at the next Terminus show. 

24 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

He shot it down pretty much as soon as it appeared as a rumour.

And then replied “ratio” to them when they tried to quote a source, showing us he’s the teenage brat the thread about him on here has been accusing him of being for months haha 

• Paid Members

Santana and Ortiz have been one of my favourite acts in AEW since they debuted. A real, authentic feel to them not many others can pull off and while Santana looks the star of the two, Ortiz is brilliant in his own right as the unhinged lunatic. They definitely fit Eddie Kingston more than the Penta and Fenix did.