AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

57 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Hasn't Regal said multiple times that he and HHH respect each others outside relationship too much to talk business while he's contracted elsewhere? HHH's tweet was merely playing on the meme of Regal screaming War Games, I would imagine. 

Good old Dave. 

I don't think any dirtsheet is helped these days with the daily churn of podcasts and tweets. So much more shite gets picked up and aggregated to become gospel to some people. At times they're just doing the same spitballing every fan does, often inspired by a follower's question.

Getting factual things wrong. Like the length of a contract in this instance. Is what really chips away at their credibility.

11 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Getting factual things wrong. Like the length of a contract in this instance. Is what really chips away at their credibility.

Wrestling journalist has as much credibility as a PCSO. There’s fuck all to chip away at. 

• Paid Members

The Bucks and Omega heeling it up was great. I imagine they expected they might get that kind of response and decided to play up to it should that be the case. They're great pricks. 

Overall this was a fun show. I didn't even dislike the Jericho Vs Ishii match as I expected too. It was a bit mad and exciting even if bloody stupid. 

What I did dislike? House of Black being back. A shite act, with the only redeemable thing of the whole lot being that Brodie King has proved that he has something about him despite being saddled with Alistair Black's nonsense. 

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Alistair Black's nonsense

He was rubbish in NXT, more rubbish in WWE and is now absolutely stinking in AEW.  Maybe its not the booking after all?

• Paid Members

To be fair to the House of Black, last Wednesday was the best they’ve ever been, just coming out and brutally murdering everyone. They looked awesome.

I have zero faith this will continue though. It’ll be crappy, spooky vignettes for the next three weeks. Back to the fucking hourglasses, pentagons and druids. Bore off, you shit goths!

2 hours ago, RalphyV2 said:

Not sure, but as a total guess I predict it will be held at Craven Cottage post season in around the end of may, early June

I can’t see it being the cottage first. Far too much can go wrong on an outdoors show and you need to test the market first or it’s an empty pitch in the rain. Wembley arena of the O2 I’d guess 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Loki said:

He was rubbish in NXT, more rubbish in WWE and is now absolutely stinking in AEW.  Maybe its not the booking after all?

He looks bloody great, he has good matches...it's just the spooky bullshit that ruins him. He definitely has something but as long as he's doing that Bray Wyatt knockoff promo shite he's not going to reach the top level. If the House of Black just focus on smashing the shit out of people and looking cool over their evil dark mist that turns people evil story or whatever they should go far.

2 hours ago, Louch said:

I can’t see it being the cottage first. Far too much can go wrong on an outdoors show and you need to test the market first or it’s an empty pitch in the rain. Wembley arena of the O2 I’d guess 

Craven Cottage hype is no different than when everyone was hyping up the use of Jaguars stadium. I don't believe it. Not yet. Maybe a stadium show had been the original plan for Fyter Fest 2020 as was rumoured. Things have moved on since then.

The rumour of London/Manchester to do Dynamite & Rampage seems pretty believable. Sometime between Revolution and Double or Nothing. If it's successful, which it should be, then they can come back in the 2nd half of the year for another set of shows.

4 hours ago, RalphyV2 said:

Fair points both, a big reason I thought CC was due to the Khan's not having to pay a fee to hire it! 

What they wouldn’t have to pay in a fee , it would cost as much or more to get a football pitch set up production wise for a similar sized crowd to an indoors arena.