AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

There were elements in Saraya's promo that had babyface elements to it. Problem was the majority of it was pure entitled superstar. Being the brand new signing that hasn't wrestled in years that's had the red carpet treatment. Yet she's calling out Britt as having everything handed to her by Tony Khan?

Always felt there were more legs in a heel run for Saraya. The Tokyo Dome line would have popped me if she was heeling it up.

Also they need to announce the Elite in a match for Full Gear on Dynamite. We know it's coming now.

7 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

There were elements in Saraya's promo that had babyface elements to it. Problem was the majority of it was pure entitled superstar. Being the brand new signing that hasn't wrestled in years that's had the red carpet treatment. Yet she's calling out Britt as having everything handed to her by Tony Khan?

Always felt there were more legs in a heel run for Saraya. The Tokyo Dome line would have popped me if she was heeling it up.

Also they need to announce the Elite in a match for Full Gear on Dynamite. We know it's coming now.

When did Saraya work the Tokyo Dome? Didn't think WWE ran shows there, and she was on the UK indies before getting signed, right?

11 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

When did Saraya work the Tokyo Dome? Didn't think WWE ran shows there, and she was on the UK indies before getting signed, right?

Confused Sumo Hall for the Tokyo Dome apparently because its a similar size of course

https://twitter.com/Saraya/status/1590748069137911813?s=20&t=oa-sYoj7dPCE1fFce8NYrQ

It's great how Jeff Jarrett is signed and a week later they confirm a UK show or tour, you reckon be still has the connections from booking TNA over here so much?  Plus, his  new backstage job has him working with live events so it makes sense.

Edited by Merzbow

8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's great how Jeff Jarrett is signed and a week later they confirm a UK show or tour, you reckon be still has the connections from booking TNA over here so much?  Plus, his  new backstage job has him working with live events so it makes sense.

Not sure on that front. They've been adding dates for new towns for the last few weeks. Doing a proper West coast tour to kick off the new year. AEW also had something lined up for the UK back in 2020. 

Feels like they're just pulling the trigger on things.

I also found the line about 'being turned away because she was a woman' a big fat lie, she was one of the Knights, she never struggled for bookings.

I think 'Entitled' is the best way to describe her, from social media reactions i think there is a fanbase  who were in teenage years when she came through on nxt who adore her but outside that nobody really cares.

I think Britt Baker has the Adam Page problem- Brilliant at the chase, once they got it, the fun was gone. They should have turned her face straight after title win, there was a period where she was the best thing on the show.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

UK stuff must have been in the works prior to Jarrett coming on-board - they were planning to come here before the pandemic, the plan was to do an Ogogo vs. Cody rematch here - and they've recently been filming some promo material at Wembley, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jarrett is really hands-on with whatever they are doing.

He has a lot of contacts here, and what I've heard from a few people is that he has a much better understanding of the UK scene than most US (and some UK) promoters do - long story short is that I think AEW were always going to run London, but having Jarrett on board increases the likelihood of them running Glasgow, Manchester or Birmingham, for example.