AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Scorpio Sky is a much better fiery babyface than heel. They were loving him in Philly. He did some great stuff in the ladder match. I think I saw reports that Sammy was actually injured doing that stupid somersault off the top of the ladder. I wonder whether they had to change the finish to avoid having to crown another interim champion while Sammy recovers. That pop when Sky tipped the ladder up and Guevara fell into the barbed wire was huge. All these title changes aren't going to be good for the title though, not off the back of all these long runs. Sky Vs Kazarian could be an interesting match though. 

Sammy had a replacement in this match at Triplemania. So he's not 100%.

As for that effecting the outcome of the match? I don't think so. They ran through some obviously planned spots like the piggyback climb. Then there was the whole thing with Kaz coming down post match. Putting the title back on Sammy just seems like a way to get Sammy Tay fully heel.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure the way he won the title and the promo managed to establish that they were heels, hot potatoing a title like this can get stupid, secondary title or not. It's not quite reached Charlotte/Sasha Banks levels of ridiculous yet though. Surely the best way to have done this would have been Sammy retaining through cheating? Booking the title changes to build to a mixed tag match also doesn't do them any favours. Maybe they should have done the mixed tag first, with the winning team getting to pick the stipulation for the title match? 

TJP in best of the Super Juniors as well? That's pretty cool. Couldn't pick a winner, but I bet they have some decent matches. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

39 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Didn't expect that considering their deal streaming AEW shows on njpwworld. 

Satoshi Kojima is on loan wrestling for Noah at the moment and is fighting for the Title on June 12th so they’ve also got some sort of business deal with them.

Sounds like Stu Grayson is gone :( Considering the noise about some of the others in advance of their contract expiry this has flew under the radar.

Both surprised and not at the same time. On Evil Uno's vlog for a few weeks he was doing his gym reviews at his training school rather than on the road. Once they started touring last summer he wasn't always a regular.

I'm sure there will be more news to come.

• Paid Members

Fenix vs Dante Martin announced for this week. Hopefully it turns into a who can jump the highest competition. 

Can't say I'm that bothered about Stu Grayson leaving. He's a decent hand but there's plenty of them about these days. Doesn't really add much to the Dark Order that Alan Angels couldn't fill in for. Also he's got one of the most unpleasant to listen to voices I've ever heard in wrestling. Dark Order as a whole feel a bit past it. Probably time to wind it down and start that big Johnny HUNGEE singles push which is way overdue. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Fenix vs Dante Martin announced for this week. Hopefully it turns into a who can jump the highest competition. 

Can't say I'm that bothered about Stu Grayson leaving. He's a decent hand but there's plenty of them about these days. Doesn't really add much to the Dark Order that Alan Angels couldn't fill in for. Also he's got one of the most unpleasant to listen to voices I've ever heard in wrestling. Dark Order as a whole feel a bit past it. Probably time to wind it down and start that big Johnny HUNGEE singles push which is way overdue. 

Nothing against him, but the best thing about Stu was how Anna Jay would bully him on BTE. I can see more people leave when Tony tries to low ball on a contract negotiation. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah, this I think. The loveable losers thing worked for a bit but it's kind of done now and I think they need to find their own way, which is probably bad news for some of them.  They can still unite around Hangman if the story calls for it, but I think the time for them to break up is when they were all teasing dissension months ago.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I can't remember how Grayson sounds at all, but I did enjoy the Grayson/Uno tag team. Evil Uno generally comes across as a very likeable guy, I hope they have a role for him going forward. Perhaps he can reinvent himself in ROH. 

Agreed on TDO - they've been a fun act over the years, but I don't think there's scope to do anything new with them; not as a stable, at least. It's packed with talent, though. I've always been impressed with Colt Cabana on commentary - he'd be far better than Jericho in that role on Rampage. Reynolds and Silver...I think they might need some time in ROH to re-establish themselves. Anna Jay has progressed a lot in a short space of time, but her mic skills are still pretty weak. She may also benefit from some time in ROH, to remove her from the idea that she's a lower tier women's wrestler. She has more potential than that. 

Uno has set himself up with a 2nd gig handling the AEW Games side of things.

Cabana seemed a stick on for RoH and coaching.

TayJay split, and Anna has been trying to find what's next.

Reynolds & Silver look like they'd be fine as the mid card babyface tag team.

Angels is in the JTTS spot. RoH might be a good fit for something more.

10 really depends on how he does losing the mask if he's anything more.

I can still see versions of Uno/10/Angels/Reynolds/Silver fill out shows for quite sometime. They could be the beneficiaries if a Trios title is introduced. Not for the title but for some direction with all the multi-person tags.

• Paid Members

With Evil Uno's blog, he always seems exhausted by the time he's back in Canada. I wonder if the increased travel has been a factor? I remember something about Grayson having a pretty decent IT career, so he may be in a situation where he's able to knock back an offer he's not happy with.