AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It appears that Regal went long with his promo and has issued an apology 

In fairness, its probably the first time in years he's not to do more than shout "WAR GAMES" in front of a live audience so it's not a surprise he has to try and get back in the swing of things. 

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It appears that Regal went long with his promo and has issued an apology 

While I’m sure there would be very few who would hold it against him, that’s a classy thing to do on his part. 
Personally I’m looking forward to the upcoming podcasts that he’s likely to appear on.

It was the highlight of a very good show. So hope he doesn't beat himself up to much. Regal teasing then getting choked up thanking Tony was lovely to see.

He managed to get across the gist of it though. That Bryan/Moxley are two sides of his own personality but because he ran long, it felt like he didn't have much chance to talk about Moxley. 

I'm sure there will be plenty more Regal on the mic coming soon though. If were getting a faction led by Regal, with Bryan and Moxley as the heavy hitters, this could be very special. 

• Paid Members

Only time I can recall Regal ever looking even a bit frazzled whilst cutting a promo, and even then it was better than any scripted word for word robotic one you'll see in WWE all year. Great stuff. Also, I could never see the hype about yer man Keith Lee and he looks completely lost in the shuffle now already, hopefully for his own sake he can get the show back on the road. Can't blame Vince if this run fails.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

I really don’t think their heavyweight champion should be struggling to beat a guy with less than a year’s singles experience.  That didn’t help their champ look strong, and he needs to be built up more.

Maybe I'm reaching but I think they are trying to build Page as a fighting champion much like WWE did with Bret Hart's first reign in 92/93.

He definitely needs something bigger to sink his teeth into now though.

Imo Adam Cole should have been a one and done deal.

• Paid Members

Somebody emailed Bryan Alvarez with a suggestion that's both brilliant and awful. They reckoned MJF should do a face-like interview where he agrees to release Wardlow from his contract as a bodyguard. Then later on he comes down just as the TNT title match is about to start and says "Oh by the way, there's a 90-day no-compete so you can't do this match."

• Paid Members

Jericho aligning with 2.0 could be good for Daniel Garcia. 

Does Dante get packed off back to Top Flight now that he's had his title shot? It'd be good if Darius could have a singles run now that he's back. The fans didn't seem too arsed as they probably knew they wouldn't be getting a title change on Dynamite with no build. Good pop for the Buckshot. 

Why does Cole get to try and challenge Page again when pretty much every other challenger has been one and done?

I wonder where the Danielson / Moxley / Regal team will go. It's got a bit of a feel of "creative eĥas nothing for you" to it, but that might just be because of how often things like this have happened in WWE. Regal's promo did a good job of dispelling that, though. 

Danhausen is better than just hanging around ringside with Best Friends. He needs to be dicking around in the back and bumbling into backstage segments. 

Was that an FTR babyface turn? Maybe Tully buddies up with Arn, Brock and big Shotty? 

Is Jack Evans still stuck in Mexico? Has he been released? Where's Angelico? I thought they were party of the Office as well. Nice pop for Jeff. 

Wardlow's promo was decent. He needs to do a little more loud, quiet, loud like Samoa Joe does in his promos, but I'm sure he'll get better in time. 

I wonder whether Keith Lee will end up as a part of Team Taz, or are people just going to come and offer to be his mate and he'll turn them down? 

Caster's rap was alright. Presumably he's had to tone it right down for some reason. 

Rosa is definitely hurt, the bandage around her thigh wasn't as obvious as it was on last week's Dynamite, but you could still see it. I see Leyla is now born in Europe rather than Russia. 

I guess we're getting Tay and Sammy against Paige VanZant and Austin Vanderford now that Cody & Brandi are gone. Did they spend a picture in picture doing the Owen voice and trying to sell the injury? I was going to say now that he's not champion we might not do that crap with the cue cards, but it'll probably be both of them doing it now. 

"There's no wasted motion" says JR as Scorpio Sky is laying on the mat mocking his opponent. 

I wonder whether MJF will end up costing Wardlow somehow next week. It'd be a bit crap for them to have Scorpio Sky as a transitional champion like that though. Give him that year long undefeated streak to stick a belt on him for a week then send him back to Dark? 

It was a busy episode. It had that Raw After Mania feel, but there was an awful lot going on.

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether MJF will end up costing Wardlow somehow next week. It'd be a bit crap for them to have Scorpio Sky as a transitional champion like that though. Give him that year long undefeated streak to stick a belt on him for a week then send him back to Dark? 

Surely that's the whole point? Cocky heel brags about year long undefeated streak (ignoring it was pretty much all on the YouTube shows and with egos help) gets smashed into dust by handsome new Babyface.

Worked for warrior in 88.

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Does Dante get packed off back to Top Flight now that he's had his title shot? It'd be good if Darius could have a singles run now that he's back. The fans didn't seem too arsed as they probably knew they wouldn't be getting a title change on Dynamite with no build. Good pop for the Buckshot. 

Why does Cole get to try and challenge Page again when pretty much every other challenger has been one and done?

I wonder where the Danielson / Moxley / Regal team will go. It's got a bit of a feel of "creative eĥas nothing for you" to it, but that might just be because of how often things like this have happened in WWE. Regal's promo did a good job of dispelling that, though.

I think it's going to be rather Top Flight centric now.

You did say coming off the PPV that the #1 in the rankings should come out and demand a World Title shot. #1 Wardlow is distracted by his shiny brass ring. #2 Dante Martin was getting his title shot that night. #3 Adam Cole took up the opportunity :) 

Danielson, Moxley & Regal screams being able to do what they want to me. It's a bigger scale version of the House of Black. It also helps that they have a healthy respect for tag wrestling and won't see it as a step down from random singles feuds.

• Paid Members

I'm interested to see what plays out with Danielson, Moxley & Regal.

I guess we can look forward to Archer getting another shot soon as well.