AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Loved JRs chuckle at the “what’s a babyface” line?

Jericho seemed to stumble over his lines a bit. Kingston was superb.

MJF promo excellent; got to be leading to him doing something really bad to Punk though hasn’t it after eliciting some sympathy. 

Danielson really looks like a vicious bugger.

I'm kind of hoping that Mox and Bryan do team up, but instead of just taking on youngsters to train they pit them against each other to fight for a chance in some hard hitting UWFi style matches. I mean, that style of match might not get over with everyone but I'd love it.

Have them watching on gleefully grinning at the violence.

Edited by Merzbow

Just now, Angle_fan said:

Is there anything more fast forward than MJF? He's coming out, you know it's just going to be a load of talking. I fast forward him every week. Wrestles about 6 times a year too. I literally can't stand him. 

Well if you read the thread you'd see you're in the minority there.

6 minutes ago, Angle_fan said:

Is there anything more fast forward than MJF? He's coming out, you know it's just going to be a load of talking. I fast forward him every week. Wrestles about 6 times a year too. I literally can't stand him. 

Hell of a week for this take 😂😂

33 minutes ago, Angle_fan said:

Stop trying to stand him. 

2 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

Whilst I disagree, I also acknowledge that his schtick is formulaic. I guess you could say similar about Hogan,  Flair and Rock, though it does feel like a similar promo every time.

Personally I've liked his interactions w Punk in pparticular.they need to use him more. Though I haven't seen particularly brilliant matches from him, but maybe itscos I only watch dynamite as I don't pay for PPVs. 

14 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Whilst I disagree, I also acknowledge that his schtick is formulaic. I guess you could say similar about Hogan,  Flair and Rock, though it does feel like a similar promo every time.

Personally I've liked his interactions w Punk in pparticular.they need to use him more. Though I haven't seen particularly brilliant matches from him, but maybe itscos I only watch dynamite as I don't pay for PPVs. 

His big matches have all been great, the character doesn't really allow for him to be the "superworker" but he's definitely shown glimpses of it against guys like Darby and Jungle Boy.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Shout out to anyone thinking now is the time to slag off MJF’s promos and matches, when his last promo and his last match were both all-timers. 

100% this. Absolute Baller recently. I've always liked(hated) him tho I won't lie. 

Fuck it, I'll be that guy. 

I didn't enjoy his recent promo anywhere near as much as others. The delivery was good but unless he's turning face I feel like they are making this feud more complex than it needs to be.

I don't want to feel sympathy for MJF, I want to see him get his face punched in before eventually getting a powerbomb symphony.

What can I say. Most of the time I like my wrestling villains simple. 

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I didn't enjoy his recent promo anywhere near as much as others. The delivery was good but unless he's turning face I feel like they are making this feud more complex than it needs to be.

I don't want to feel sympathy for MJF, I want to see him get his face punched in before eventually getting a powerbomb symphony.

If you want stuff simple, good for you. 

I'm 35 and I want layers in my wrestling storytelling. 

Maybe I've watched way too much "proper television" in the last two years but I figured out what is going to get me to watch wrestling in 2021 is origin stories, actual motivation for people to not like each and relatable characters that whose struggles I can identify with. 

But that's just me 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I only watch and read bits and pieces of AEW here and there so I'm in no position to comment on the 'long game' that's apparently being played with the building of MJF's character. But personally, I really like a villain who's got a point. It gives them a whole extra dimension and makes them more interesting than just your usual 'I hate you all and your mums, too' baddies.

It's like Ed Harris in The Rock. He's actually got a point and his stance is a correct and principled one. MJF has a point and a reason to want to go after CM Punk. If AEW did this sort of thing more and more of the actual wrestling was of personal interest to me, I might actually sit down and watch more than one show a year rather than clips off YouTube and the results on Bleacher Report. They've used respective backstories extremely well here and there's a number of different possibilities. And considering this is post-kayfabe wrestling, I think it's genuinely impressive that they've created an angle where there's already been a surprise or two and we don't actually know which way it will go.

Edited by Devon Malcolm