AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Back when I still went to Progress shows, I had the privilege of seeing LAX Vs CCK in Manchester.

It was one of the best matches I've ever seen live and Santana was the standout. He's one of those guys that can convincingly do anything in ring and his promo work in AEW has been excellent. I also really like the subtle change of roles between Santana and Ortiz. Santana has gone from being the flyer in the team to being the heavy hitter and Ortiz looks much more purposeful and mean since leaning out.

I really want to see Santana stretch out into more singles stuff. To me he's the next big working class baby face star, just sat there waiting to happen.

38 minutes ago, Louch said:

While we talk about how rare people appear on shows, is there anyone who’s done less in ring since aew started than Swagger? 

Dunno, maybe Janela or Shawn Spears. Other than the first tag reign I don't think Kazarian has done much.

Hager's had the benefit of the big multi-man matches like the two Stadium Stampedes, Blood & Guts, and Minneapolis Street Fight. The 3 way Inner Circle Tag, The Rampage multi man that had Junior Dos Santos debut. There was a brief run when he was Jericho's main tag partner.

Singles wise there was a match against Dustin early on. The Wardlow "MMA" fight, He also had that title match against Mox. 

I certainly remember him more fondly than some of the others obviously.

Just now, Infinity Land said:

Dunno, maybe Janela or Shawn Spears. Other than the first tag reign I don't think Kazarian has done much.

Hager's had the benefit of the big multi-man matches like the two Stadium Stampedes, Blood & Guts, and Minneapolis Street Fight. The 3 way Inner Circle Tag, The Rampage multi man that had Junior Dos Santos debut. There was a brief run when he was Jericho's main tag partner.

Singles wise there was a match against Dustin early on. The Wardlow "MMA" fight, He also had that title match against Mox. 

I certainly remember him more fondly than some of the others obviously.

I think he's been decent. He's filled the role he's needed to fairly well. He's never going to be World Champion, but I think he's been protected enough to be a useful utility player.

When AEW gets it right it just makes me remember how fun wrestling can be. That show was pure enjoyment. Glad their rating reflected it as well.

After being critical of him last week I thought Hangman was great. I'm not a big Adam Cole fan but I imagine this is leading into Omega's return.

Keith Lee. Fucking hell. WWE let this guy go? 

Punk/Mox looked superb together. Mox hasn't lost a step since coming back, he looks ten times better if anything. Punk has been superb throughout.

All in all, AEW in a good position. I'm interested in most of the stuff on the card, and the stars feel like stars. 

I can only echo the praise for a great show and a perfect debut of Keith Lee. Tony Khan lucked out big time here. He was being criticized heavily for lack of African American representation, especially on the mens side, then Lee hits the open market. A super strong, charismatic hoss. Who squared upto Brock Lesner in the Rumble a few years back and the whole crowd were loving it and buying this guy.

He still needs abit of work but AEW have the perfect mentor in Mark Henry right there as well. I don't think they need an on screen role together, although there is potential for that. Henry helping him with promo's and developing him as more of a strong man wrestler behind the scenes would be fantastic.  

I'm made up for the guy tbh. I loved him when I first saw him tearing it up on the indys a few years back. He can really go when given the chance. I think there is huge potential in great matches vs AEW's top guys as well as some mental squash matches. The sky is the limit for him in AEW.