WWE Day 1 Thread

Callum1993

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Surprised but not mad that Brock won, it opens up a range of challengers in the Raw side with Big E, Lashley, Rollins, Owens, Balor, Edge and Miz whereas if he had dethroned Reigns there was only likely Roman, Drew (but he’s injured), Kofi and at a massive push Sheamus and Corbin

I expect Big E to be in the WWE Title picture going forward for as long as Kofi was after Brock beat him for it in 2019.

Then in 5 years time Bruce Prichard will be telling Conrad how Big E was given the ball and he didn’t capitalise on his opportunity.

4 minutes ago, dopper said:

I expect Big E to be in the WWE Title picture going forward for as long as Kofi was after Brock beat him for it in 2019.

Then in 5 years time Bruce Prichard will be telling Conrad how Big E was given the ball and he didn’t capitalise on his opportunity.

While you're probably right, I think it's fair to say Big E is in a much better position to maintain his main event run than Kofi was. Kingston's title chase was an unexpected moment in a long career. Big E has only just taken that step into the main event scene and has time to solidify himself there. Whether he gets the chance or not is another thing but we'll see.

3 hours ago, mim731 said:

Is this some sort of inside scoop from a source? Or are you working off the same info as everyone else (Meltzer et al)? I imagine you're correct but just wondered if it had been further confirmed by someone. 

A scoop, I suppose, though I wouldn't really consider it one since everything played out - in August I was told point blank it was Brock and Roman, and unless Vince knew something that all the other writers didn't regarding Rock's status and was keeping it from them for no reason, the writers were all working on the basis of building to Roman and Lesnar for Mania.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

While you're probably right, I think it's fair to say Big E is in a much better position to maintain his main event run than Kofi was. Kingston's title chase was an unexpected moment in a long career. Big E has only just taken that step into the main event scene and has time to solidify himself there. Whether he gets the chance or not is another thing but we'll see.

It'll be back to the pancakes for him now. Win the Rumble, get him over to Smackdown so they can reunite him with Kofi & Woods for that lucrative New Day/Bloodline feud. 

5 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

Becky and Liv got better as it went on, enjoyed the chaotic main event 

Honestly after the first like 5 mins or so of that match I nearly just skipped through it. It was awful. Definitely picked up with a few decent spots but on the whole I thought their timing was terrible and everything felt quite sloppy.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Ah well, only a month I guess until Alexa Bliss comes back to win the rumble. 

In fairness to ttfm, for once there's a fair few possible returners who could be winners, Bliss, Asuka, Bayley and who knows who else. Certainly more intrigue than for the men's rumble at this stage. 

• Paid Members

The only intriguing thing in WWE now is how they still get to Reigns/Lesnar at Wrestlemania. 

I don't see them taking the belt off either man before the Rumble, so either they go Eddie/Brock/Goldberg and have one cost the other a title match at the February PPV, or they have Lesnar enter the Rumble at number 30 while still champion (probably doing the "steal someone else's spot" schtick) to set up a Champion vs. Champion match at Wrestlemania.

I can see them doing the latter, hyping it as a First Time Ever, and selling the post-Mania RAW on "what happens now?", all while not actually having any clear plan for how they get back to two champions in a satisfying way.

• Paid Members

WWE are low hanging fruit at this point, aren't they? As in, it's not even fun talking about how shit they are these days, it's just another show roll's around, there are a number of terrible booking decisions, the production is the same and there is zero forward thinking.

Cultaholic were reporting yesterday that multiple people backstage had pitched for an aesthetic change for PPV's, whether that be a new stage, new ring mats or even just a change of ring rope colours and each one was veto'd.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The only intriguing thing in WWE now is how they still get to Reigns/Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

I wonder if they do a 3-way with the Rumble winner (likely Lashley, outside chance Big E) with both belts on the line but only the person pinned/submitted losing it to the winner (so if 3rd man pinned/submitted status quo in terms of belts). I'm guessing there is a Saudi Arabia show not long after Mania (based on the pre-pandemic schedule) so you could do the Reigns/Lesnar one on one there and sell that show as bigger than Wrestlemania like they did last time.

Alternatively, with two nights of Mania they could do Reigns/Lesnar on the first night and winner of that vs Rumble winner on night 2?

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Didn't Cena and Orton do the unification gimmick years back?

Yeah but that was the WWE and World Championships. This is the WWE and Universal Championship. It's completely 100% different. 

No wait, it's pretty much the same, yeah.

Edited by LaGoosh