The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, David said:

Whenever I see Tone interacting with his workers, I can't help but think the talent must see him as...

"If you were to ask me to name three geniuses, I probably wouldn't say Einstein, Newton...  I'd go Crockett, Muchnick, Inoki. Bischoff."

I’ve come to believe that the biggest problem with AEW is Tony Khan’s booking,m. The same faces end up being involved in great storylines and feuds, and I’m guessing they’re to credit for that. Elsewhere on the card, the booking is often really poor, and often hard to follow. Khan should remove himself from the booking process. He absolutely won’t, though.

You imagine why this is Cody booked his own programmes (with varying success) and why AEW was a much more engaging show for its first 18 months or so.

Tony Sniff is not a terrible Booker, but he is short sighted and doesn't seem to know how to actually properly do story's and angles. 

The Forbidden Door bollocks and now ROH being all over the show are further proof that he is not the Booker he was lauded as

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Daddymagic said:

You imagine why this is Cody booked his own programmes (with varying success) 

If by varying you mean two good feuds (Jericho/MJF) then nothing but absolute shit for over a year straight?

I think Tony Khan obviously has some talent as a booker but he also obviously has his limitations. Even when AEW is in a slump they've still managed to successfully build new acts from scratch so to say he's short sighted or the biggest problem is probably wrong. I think he definitely needs more input though or perhaps take on more of an oversight role. A squad of 50 TV writers is never going to work but a small team of creative people coming up with stories/acts/angles which Khan oversees and directs is probably the best solution. 

Titles and Tournaments have been his crutch. The further away from the title scene the more a wrestler just padding their record until they get tapped for a run.

Ahead we've got the Trios tournament into All Out. The World Title Eliminator might be back for Full Gear.

It's about one of the good thing if they did create a women's tag titles since he'd have to slot a 3rd match a week on TV some of the time.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

It's about one of the good thing if they did create a women's tag titles since he'd have to slot a 3rd match a week on TV some of the time.

Their womens roster is too thin to support a tag division. AEW is struggling to find TV time for it's top end male talent who are actually good, I'd rather not sacrifice quality TV time they could spend on Miro, Takeshita, Hangman etc. on Anna Jay & Tay Conti vs Ruby Riott & Sky Blue or whatever dreadfully dull combination we'd be subjected to.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd rather not sacrifice quality TV time they could spend on Miro, Takeshita, Hangman etc. on Anna Jay & Tay Conti vs Ruby Riott & Sky Blue or whatever dreadfully dull combination we'd be subjected to.

Start giving them TV to sacrifice then. Miro popped back up for the All Atlantic tournament and has barely been seen since.

Hangman is about to be back on TV more thanks to being embroiled in the Elite shenanigans.

Takeshita isn't even an AEW signing.

Whereas the women are there wrestling every week padding out Dark and Elevation tapings while a lot of wrestlers are sat at home picking up a pay cheque.

When I mentioned his short sighted booking was more along the lines of not pulling the trigger of what's in front of him. 

Darby, MJF and Jungle Boy were on the cusp on pretty big things - now look where they are due to TKs booking.

Darby has done nothing of note for months, and floats around the mid card. 
MJF was white hot but this shoot angle and then disappearance has done him no favours, likewise leaning into his edgy (cheap heat) comments which got old fast. 
Jungle Boys tag reign went on months too long, and when they finally pulled the trigger on him vs Christian it's played second fiddle to ROH shite instead of being a featured programme given plenty of air time. 

By now at least one, if not all three should be main eventing main shows and not still bloody Jericho! 

Wardlow, see above. Who TK has also turned him a can't miss prospect into low card bollocks with Jay Lethal. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Start giving them TV to sacrifice then.

Absolutely agree. The top male stars should be prioritised first over giving more TV time to the sub par women's division which wouldn't happen if they introduced womens tag titles as your suggesting.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the elephant in the room is that the women's division just isn't very good. If you measure a pro wrestler as a product of a) solid character \ gimmick, b) mic work and c) in-ring work, nearly everyone on the roster has at least one short-coming. Arguably only Jade Cargill is currently ticking all those boxes. Jamie Hayter looks like she could become a future star and Nyla Rose looks like she has it all but they're not using her (I've only see her AEW stuff). Everybody else is sufficiently weak in one or more areas such that they don't justify a regular higher billing on cards, in my opinion.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Titles and Tournaments have been his crutch.

Along with surprise debuts, which has come back to bite with there not being enough TV time to go around. 

I think it was to be expected that eventually the cracks would start to show, with Tony running AEW entirely, his statistical stuff with the Jags, RoH and (although Fulham fans would say different), Fulham. With that schedule, he's very close to not sleeping for 6 days and sleeping for 24 hours on a Thursday (insert standard cocaine joke). 

While trying to be an alternative to McMahon, he has turned into McMahon (at the wrestling, not at the life choices).