Mox out indefinitely for rehab

Chili

1 hour ago, Chili said:

So Moxley is possibly or I'm guessing definitely out of any future plans. Who cares, hope he does well from this. 

All the best for Moxley and a real classy post from Tony Kahn.

REALLY curious as to how they'll handle this. Have Orange go through via a bye? Fill in replacement opponent? If so who?

• Paid Members

It feels a bit crass and trivial fantasy booking a dumb pro-wrestling tournament when you read news like that. Hopefully Mox sorts himself out.

But yeah. Orange vs. Bryan at the PPV seems the most likely scenario, and although it’s a million miles from the match I thought we’d be getting it’s still a dream match for Bryan. Bust out the Butlins comedy spots!

However, if the plan was to set Mox up as the big heel challenger for Hangman, slotting Miro (ranked number four) into his place wouldn’t be the worst idea. Have him beat Cassidy and Bryan to be Hangman’s first feud.

Last year when Fenix couldn’t continue, they brought back Penta who he beat the round before. Don’t see them bringing in a random and they skip to the semi final 

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

However, if the plan was to set Mox up as the big heel challenger for Hangman, slotting Miro (ranked number four) into his place wouldn’t be the worst idea. Have him beat Cassidy and Bryan to be Hangman’s first feud.

Wishing Mox all the best.

I think it would work better for Hangman to get the win against Danielson. Which would be Danielson's first loss in AEW. They could do something special as the fans would be into it. Have it been on the 24th November Dynamite in Chicago. Which would make it a 2 week deviation for whatever Danielson was supposed to be doing if the plan was Mox winning.

Then Miro comes out and destroys Hangman for his first proper feud. Build it to the January TNT special they're supposed to be doing.

• Paid Members

Should be it's own thread really, it's big news. 

I really hope Jon Moxley gets the help he needs. Can't have been an easy decision to ask for help at a time when he has a book to promote and is in a prominent spot on a PPV but that's secondary to his health and his family. I love the guy as a performer. Hope he gets well and is back and healthy soon.

Credit to the company, particularly TK, for the classy way they've handled it. After Page's paternity leave, it shows them in a good light putting people first. 

Edited by tiger_rick

Its a shame as I was loving this version of Moxley on Dynamite, coming down, destroying people, pushing fans over then leaving.

Health and family comes first no matter what though.

As for the tournament, Bryan vs Cassidy looks good to me, not sure I like the idea of a bye though. 

Maybe a battle royal on tonights Dynamite with the winner facing Cassidy on Rampage?

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Both him and Kingston being so open about mental health struggles is an inspiration.

Definitely this. I had no one to really look up to when I was younger in that respect, always thinking it was the sort of thing that needed to be hidden and that it was wrong to have those sorts of struggles. To see guys openly discuss them now makes me so damn happy for younger generations that can hopefully grow up in a world where it's far less taboo.

And especially with a guy like Mox. All credit to him. All too often we assume that because someone's got a wife and kids and success etc that they should somehow be immune to stuff like this. But they're not. Everyone has their own problems regardless of what they appear to have on the outside. Robin Williams for example - I think it's fair to say most people assumed he was the life and soul of the party. Chester Bennington - a guy with an amazing family and huge professional success.

But with all of that comes different pressures and as we know, addiction and mental health issues don't discriminate.

I wish Mox all the best. And well done to Tony for being so classy about it, as well as others I've seen tweet in response. No matter how long the journey is, I hope he comes back in a much better place. He's got all the motivation he needs.

It’s a big thing to admit that you may have (or be developing) a problem or need help, and I don’t doubt for a second that AEW are going to be getting him the best help possible, and hopefully he comes back better for it.

Just do yourself a favour and don’t read beyond Khan’s tweets in the thread, it unfortunately doesn’t take long for the mutants to come out.

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It’s a big thing to admit that you may have (or be developing) a problem or need help, and I don’t doubt for a second that AEW are going to be getting him the best help possible, and hopefully he comes back better for it.

Absolutely, and to allow it to be shared as well. If Mox getting help leads to others getting help, that's great. Who knows how long it may be - as long as it takes - but I'm already looking forward to the day in the future when 'Wild Thing' hits and the crowd erupts for him.

I guess all that anger and emotion we've been seeing out of him recently wasn't acting.  When he kicked that railing into the fan... twice on tv last week, I did think "that's taking the heel turn a bit too far!"

It does make me wonder exactly what backstage AEW is like.  WWE nowadays has all sorts of drug tests, doctors, systems in place to look after its talent and by all accounts is a very sober place compared with yesteryear.  I wouldn't be surprised if AEW is more like the Wild West.  It's great that he's decided to go to rehab, but perhaps they should knock the jokey references to Page's drink problem for a bit, if they haven't done already.

If the biggest change Tony Kahn and AEW bring to wrestling is to change the stigma to how talent is handled with respect whether it comes to work / life balance, physical & mental health and (in the sad case of Brodie Leigh) death, then long may it continue.

Sure it's a real shame were missing out of a big match etc etc, but how amazing must it be for talent to have confidence that they can say "look I have this problem" and to be 100 percent supported by your employer. It's genuinely amazing.