Mox out indefinitely for rehab

Chili

1 hour ago, rollthedice said:

I've been on the fence for about 2 months now with regards to getting help and being honest with my girlfriend about my substance misuse and this has inspired me to just go for it. 

Hopefully the treatment he gets works for him and he comes back on top form. No idea how you'd bring him back as a heel though. No one is going to boo the guy fresh out of rehab.

All the best in your recovery. I'm a year and a half into recovery from a serious cocaine addiction.

It dies get easier, although at times it will feel like it's only getting worse. Try and be as open as you can. Narcotics Anonymous have been fantastic for me.

If you ever want to get in contact please don't hesitate to do so.

A genuine thank you for the likes and comments. Means alot and great to know I'm not alone. Thanks guys 😊

I'm certainly intrigued with regards to the title eliminator. If we didn't have the Eddy/Punk setup last week I'd say Kingston complains to TK that he wasn't out when the ref called for the bell against Bryan and takes his friend, Moxleys, place against Orange. 

But as Louch said, OC receiving the bye would suit his character and not over complicate things. 

I’m approaching 4 years clean and sober and not a day goes by when I don’t think about getting wrecked. It never leaves you, you have to find better coping mechanisms to your trauma, it’s fucking difficult but doable with the right support network and it seems Mox has that around him. Wishing him all the best. 

1 hour ago, rollthedice said:

A genuine thank you for the likes and comments. Means alot and great to know I'm not alone. Thanks guys 😊

I'm certainly intrigued with regards to the title eliminator. If we didn't have the Eddy/Punk setup last week I'd say Kingston complains to TK that he wasn't out when the ref called for the bell against Bryan and takes his friend, Moxleys, place against Orange. 

But as Louch said, OC receiving the bye would suit his character and not over complicate things. 

To be fair they could still do that, but have OC win by a roll up/small package or something and have Eddie flip out even more.

Can still get to Eddie/Punk & OC/Danielson that way.

• Paid Members

Whether you like AEW or WWE, whether you like Tony Khan or not, regardless of whether you agree with the tweet or not, it is completely irrelevant. Mox giving the decision to go public has probably already saved at least one life today along from someone sitting up and thinking 'If he can admit and get help, so can I'. Its already been shown in this thread with people being more open about addiction. Most things are bigger than wrestling, and for Mox to do this, it is a huge step in the right direction of removing the stigma of addiction. 

Yes, environment can be a factor for addiction, but so can countless other things such as loneliness, loss and the stresses of being a provider. Mox is a new father, has recently suffered multiple losses and from what I can see, is working a pretty hefty schedule with some painful matches. There is no wonder the guy has been seeking solace in a vice. My mother was a victim of alcoholism and succumbed to the addiction, she was a single mother working to provide. She wasn't in a bad environment, but she suffered from loss and loneliness. You would never have known she was an alcoholic unless you were aware of the situation or were watching her 24/7.

Anyone suggesting AEW should have done more to stop the addiction, don't have a clue about being around or close to someone with alcohol dependency and how difficult it is to detect. Good on them for taking the steps to give him the help he needs, regardless of their plans or how it affects them. They have put Mox first, and that is how it should always be. 

• Paid Members

As has been said here, well done to Mox for opening up about his struggles, and I hope he manages to conquer his demons. It will be interesting to see what they do about the eliminator. Maybe some kind of second chance match where people who've been previously eliminated get to wrestle again for the chance to wrestle Cassidy? Stick Punk in there, only for Eddie to cost him, setting up their match at PPV? I can hear Cornette losing his shit over the idea already. Miro is a good shout, and he could have a heck of a match with Danielson at Full Gear.