David Amess, MP, stabbed, confirmed dead.

Hannibal Scorch

If someone can’t tell the difference between egging/milkshaking/coning/calling scummy people scum and stabbing them to death then they’re probably very mentally ill and should jump on the burgeoning NHS waiting list and seek immediate medical attention to be administered in no sooner than 18 months time.

Edited by Mr_Danger

11 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I don’t want to flame anything here but just over a week ago people on this board thought it was funny Ian Duncan Smith was assaulted. Any assault on a politician should be condemned. I know it’s a big leap from hitting someone with a cone to murdering someone but it can escalate from ‘funny’ to ‘deadly’ pretty quickly. 

Nah, it's still funny and I don't accept there is some straight line between a good ole' coning and murder.

Bottom line is, a crime was committed. I'm certainly not playing the stabbing of the MP down, but a 14 year old lad was stabbed to death while waiting on a train in Glasgow the other day. Both stabbings were crimes, and both culprits should face the brunt of the law.

People get stabbed all the time, which is horrific, but let's not buy into the bullshit about the stabbing of one person being "unfortunate, but one of those things" while the other is somehow "an affront to democracy."

Both situations were carried out by absolute mentalists. And should be dealt with as criminals to the letter of the law. The same goes for anyone hit by a cone (!) or anything else. If one of us were hit by a cone thrown by a lout in the main street, would the cone-testant be jailed? Probably not. We'd likely have to embarrassingly dust ourselves down and recompose ourselves, curse under our breath and be on our way. 

The moral of the story is that it's a shame that another individual has fallen victim to knife crime. That he was an MP matters not a jot. 

And that Ian Duncan Smith should dust himself down, and be on his merry fucking way, the chancer.

• Paid Members
On 10/16/2021 at 12:20 AM, stewdogg said:

I know it’s a big leap from hitting someone with a cone to murdering someone but it can escalate from ‘funny’ to ‘deadly’ pretty quickly. 

It's such a fine line between funny and deadly.

05f0a66d-241a-4961-862e-10a1192fde98_screenshot.jpg.d256522ee22f8893c5a97631fdaace95.jpg

• Paid Members

The “oh won’t someone think of the discourse” and “oh our precious democracy is under threat” stuff can gtf.

Spouted by the same cunts that printed the faces and names of judges on the front page of a newspaper calling them traitors or by the very same people that suspended parliament so that our elected officials couldn’t vote on the most pressing matter of a generation.

Someone got stabbed at work, it’s horrific. Don’t think for a second that the Tories (especially Patel) won’t be trying to gain political capital from this.

It's amazing that the chat these last few days has been all about online "abuse" directed at politicians and "ending online anonymity". It's like that was the narrative everyone went with in the initial few hours after the attack and everyone just continued with that even after it has been established that online "abuse" is not related in this case. Priti Patel jumping to use her good friend's murder as an opportunity to engage in normal Priti Patel things. It's honestly infuriating.

Please don't report me to Prevent.

43 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

It's amazing that the chat these last few days has been all about online "abuse" directed at politicians and "ending online anonymity".

Yet the MP who was on the receiving end of something like half of all abuse never gets mentioned at the start of these reports, she hardly gets mentioned at all.  Can't qwhite work out why that would be.  And as David Osland tweeted, "The government is considering removing anonymity from social media accounts, said a source who asked not to be named"