David Amess, MP, stabbed, confirmed dead.

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, David said:

The moral of the story is that it's a shame that another individual has fallen victim to knife crime. That he was an MP matters not a jot. 

I disagree here. He wasn't stabbed walking down the street or waiting for a bus, he was killed at his constituency surgery, for what could quite likely be politically motivated reasons. Of course it's a criminal act and should be, and will be, dealt with as such, but to divorce crime from motive is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I disagree here. He wasn't stabbed walking down the street or waiting for a bus, he was killed at his constituency surgery, for what could quite likely be politically motivated reasons. Of course it's a criminal act and should be, and will be, dealt with as such, but to divorce crime from motive is ridiculous. 

We'd still be getting the same political nonsense had he been stabbed at a train station after leaving his surgery. 

I see fake tiny soldier Mark Francois wants to bring in “David’s Law” regarding online anonymous abuse. Even though Amess wasn’t stabbed or abused by an anonymous person. I can’t understand why he’s so keen to get anonymous sources for stuff outlawed when they break stories that other news outlets don’t. Like when a Tory MP was suspended from the house for being investigated for rape. 

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I see fake tiny soldier Mark Francois wants to bring in “David’s Law” regarding online anonymous abuse. Even though Amess wasn’t stabbed or abused by an anonymous person. I can’t understand why he’s so keen to get anonymous sources for stuff outlawed when they break stories that other news outlets don’t. Like when a Tory MP was suspended from the house for being investigated for rape. 

It'd also put lots of people at risk, enabling easier cyberstalking of individuals and further crimes off the back of that. 

Those involved in careers that could fall foul of this, including health workers, cops, teachers and yhe rest would have no outlet. It would also likely break the rights to Privacy under the Human Rights Act. 

Aside from that, with this government what could possibly go wrong... 👀 

3 hours ago, patiirc said:

It would also likely break the rights to Privacy under the Human Rights Act.

Which won't matter when they get their way and get rid of the HRA.

MP gets murdered and Tories jump to essentially creating a database where anything you say online is easily traced back to you. I see no nefariousness in that...

Edited by 69MeDon