WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

2 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

Local singer known for singing the national anthem.

Local sports star 

Member of the royal family (it works in Saudi Arabia)

Someone with history with the company

World champion boxer.

So exactly who you would expect at an event like this..

Edited by poetofthedeed

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

So exactly who you would expect at an event like this..

I think plenty of people would prefer an authentic feeling WWE show with zero cheesy celebrity involvement at all.

Regardless, thread should be closed and broken off or renamed now. It’s not Wembley.

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

I bet they don't even let the NXT UK guys defend their titles on this show. As cruel as that sounds I would get a kick out of that. 

I would have thought they might try and organise a NXTUK Takeover around that weekend. If you're going to have that many bodies in Cardiff that weekend why not get a little extra money out of them.

56 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I would have thought they might try and organise a NXTUK Takeover around that weekend. If you're going to have that many bodies in Cardiff that weekend why not get a little extra money out of them.

Good point, I wouldn't be surprised to see an actual NXT Takeover or a NXT Vs NXT UK (Worlds collide?) type thing happening either to boost up the attendance in the Motorpoint

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I think plenty of people would prefer an authentic feeling WWE show with zero cheesy celebrity involvement at all.

Regardless, thread should be closed and broken off or renamed now. It’s not Wembley.

If the estimated ticket numbers are true WWE aren't going to go to any extra lengths to shift them. It's not like Saudi or the fear of half empty stadiums at Mania this will just be a big house show if everything gets sold in a few weeks before anything has been planned. As I said before though I actually hope i'm wrong and this is treated like a big deal.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

When has WWE not been synonymous with cheesy celebrity involvement? Cyndi lauper and Mr T are as responsible for rock n wrestling as Hogan, and if you don't do the Tyson involvement, the attitude era never hits the same heights.

And every wrestlemania starts with a celebrity singing America the beautiful.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

They don't need celebrity involvement to draw an audience when they'll likely sell out regardless. Why bother with the extra expense?

Bleed into mainstream public media? I don't agree with it but getting someone on the show just to get the brand into a mag or entertainment news bit it normally wouldn't regardless of improving the gate happens. Even better to do it on a packed house full of enthusiastic fans too, I'd imagine. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Cyndi lauper and Mr T are as responsible for rock n wrestling as Hogan, and if you don't do the Tyson involvement, the attitude era never hits the same heights.

And every wrestlemania starts with a celebrity singing America the beautiful.

Did you really think I, or a single soul reading this thread, needed to be told that? If so, genuinely, please continue. I’m dying to know what happened at Manias 2-13.

Are we talking about enhancing the status of a WrestleMania with global superstars with the eyes of the world watching, or are we talking about adding “known to the local market” names to a B show to fully highlight “it’s in Way-yells, boyo!” in a way they never would when they bring Unforgiven to Green Bay or Omaha? Might as well repurpose Bayleys old wacky waving blow up men as giant leeks. “Look at where we are” for the UK market is unbearable, it was shite when Vinny Jones “got a red card” at Capital Carnage, it would be shite today. The best UK PPV was One Night Only because apart from a unique apron, Bulldog in a main event and Carsten Schaeffer doing the ring announcing, it was like just another PPV continuing stories between one In Your House and another. OK, aside from Lawler making a few cracks about Page 3 and the Spice Girls.

As a real aside, I swear I saw tears in Del Wilkes’ eyes over Birmingham booing The Patriot.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Did you really think I, or a single soul reading this thread, needed to be told that? If so, genuinely, please continue. I’m dying to know what happened at Manias 2-13.

Are we talking about enhancing the status of a WrestleMania with global superstars with the eyes of the world watching, or are we talking about adding “known to the local market” names to a B show to fully highlight “it’s in Way-yells, boyo!” in a way they never would when they bring Unforgiven to Green Bay or Omaha? Might as well repurpose Bayleys old wacky waving blow up men as giant leeks. “Look at where we are” for the UK market is unbearable, it was shite when Vinny Jones “got a red card” at Capital Carnage, it would be shite today. The best UK PPV was One Night Only because apart from a unique apron, Bulldog in a main event and Carsten Schaeffer doing the ring announcing, it was like just another PPV continuing stories between one In Your House and another. OK, aside from Lawler making a few cracks about Page 3 and the Spice Girls.

As a real aside, I swear I saw tears in Del Wilkes’ eyes over Birmingham booing The Patriot.

We're talking about an "authentic feeling WWE show". When has that not include local celebrities?

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

We're talking about an "authentic feeling WWE show". When has that not include local celebrities?

When was the last time they wheeled out local celebrities for a B show?