WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

2 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

This leads me to think it must be true, because I checked a week ago and the prices have doubled since. Someone's got wind of something surely.

Isn't everything ridiculously priced in the UK right now though?

On 3/18/2022 at 6:08 AM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Making up for lost time after the bulk of 2020 and 2021 were in empty arenas 

Probably, could just be them seeing how much money to blow Brock Lesnar guy and the other front row weirdos have to blow. 

• Paid Members
On 3/17/2022 at 11:08 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Making up for lost time after the bulk of 2020 and 2021 were in empty arenas 

Nothing beats empty arenas quite like half empty stadia.

17 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

This leads me to think it must be true, because I checked a week ago and the prices have doubled since. Someone's got wind of something surely.

Probably just a surge in demand from wrestling fans desperately believing that reliable scoopster, “sources.”

3 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

Wonder will Brock appear or maybe not enough $$ in it 

Is that how it works? Or, in fact, does Lesnar get paid a fixed guaranteed downside for a fixed number of dates and as a consummate professional, wrestles where and when he’s told to?

19 hours ago, air_raid said:

Probably just a surge in demand from wrestling fans desperately believing that reliable scoopster, “sources.”

Well, I'll level with you, it worked on me. Albeit at a rate with free cancellation. I remember from various different football finals during Wembley's closure that Cardiff was notorious for its relatively limited hotel space compared to other venues.

On the Brock thing, I was thinking that if (naturally) it should go ahead, they might plan the Lesnar vs. McIntyre rematch. It seems very WWE to think they could just reheat the same angle and use it to sell tickets. Especially since in their warped logic it's just round the corner from Drew's hometown - if memory serves they referred to Neville as having come from just down the road during a London show one year.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

if memory serves they referred to Neville as having come from just down the road during a London show one year.

To be fair to them our sense of scale might understandably be different to someone who's regularly travelling around the US. 

According to Google the UK is 242,495 km² and the USA is 9.834 million km².

• Paid Members

Texas is bigger than the UK.

Context : Houston going mental in support of Steve Austin at Mania 17, who was billed as being from Victoria, which Google says is a 1 hour 54 minute drive. Technically it makes less sense for them to say Stone Cold had a “hometown reaction” than if they’d said Birmingham was Bulldog’s hometown at One Night Only when he was billed from Manchester, as Google makes that 1 hr 47.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

But you're expecting the typical American WWE fans to have a sense of the world outside America. It just doesn't happen

Honestly I'm expecting a typical British WWE fan to have a sense of the world inside America on this one. 

46 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Honestly I'm expecting a typical British WWE fan to have a sense of the world inside America on this one. 

I’m a map nonce (cartography, not minor attracted person) and a lot of my US geography, or at least the rudimentary understanding of it is down to wrestlers being announced from places. And I know that’s the same for many. Who said wrestling isn’t educational!

On 3/20/2022 at 9:32 PM, garynysmon said:

Cardiff’s lack of hotels stopped it hosting matches during Euro 2020/21, so its long been known to be a problem.

I haven’t been to the egg ball stadium since Wales’ footie matches moved to Cardiff City Stadium tbh.

If anyone who might go to this possible event will be driving I'd recommend finding a nice b&b up Brecon way. It's really nice out there and less than an hour to Cardif. If you are dragging along a less than enthusiastic partner a walk around the hills or day in Hay on Wye (bit further up) would likely offset a night sat around people with neckbeards and replica belts. 

• 3 weeks later...