WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Its pretty mad to see the hotels I stay in for ÂŁ40 for a Wales international game are charging ÂŁ450 that weekend...

It’s almost as if they know people will come from all over the British Isles, not just Wales, in need of hotel rooms, and want to fleece them for all they can because they know some people will pay it.

50 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

For some reason thought the new Wembley had a roof

https://whatculture.com/wwe/exclusive-wwe-to-run-fan-event-tv-taping-as-part-of-uk-ppv-weekend-this-september

Could they actually tape raw in the Principality Stadium ?

Wembley has a roof but it doesn't fully close, mainly due to the arch. 

I would have thought that they would just fly everyone back on Sunday to do Raw on Monday. I think the motor point arena is only about 5000 so that rules that out. 

52 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

For some reason thought the new Wembley had a roof

https://whatculture.com/wwe/exclusive-wwe-to-run-fan-event-tv-taping-as-part-of-uk-ppv-weekend-this-september

Could they actually tape raw in the Principality Stadium ?

I highly doubt it. As that article says, there is the Motorpoint arena but that’s one of the smaller arenas. With Birmingham Resorts World Arena and London O2 having larger capacities and only a couple of hours drive away, they would seem more likely.

I mean it would be nice if they gave us any idea of when the actual ticket sale will be, and an idea of price. For something that's obviously been in the works for a while, the way they're putting out information seems ultra unprepared and haphazard.

Edited by truthofsin

There is a couple of options

1) Smackdown is live on Friday from Manchester/London/Birmingham, PPV event on Saturday from Cardiff then Raw is live from Manchester/London/Birmingham on Monday

2) Smackdown is taped following Raw on Monday night from the US, talent Flies over for the PPV Saturday and then fly back again immediately for Raw Monday from the US (This was the method used for the Saudi show in Feb which was also on a Saturday)

3) same as above but Raw is live from the Manchester/London/Birmingham

It all depends how much they want to go all in on the event really

Method 1 would really be a big weekend of wrestling but would require a lot of travelling for fans who want to do all 3 shows especially the quick turnaround on Friday to Saturday but London to Cardiff or Birmingham to Cardiff is only a couple of hours at most so is feasible.

If Cardiff had a bigger arena to host Smackdown/Raw it would of course make that method far more likely and be a lot easier to do all 3 shows in the 4 days like a Mania weekend

If I had to put Money on it right now the more likelier scenario would be 3

Smackdown before the PPV is recorded after Raw on the Monday before or after the Previous weeks Smackdown, and Raw after the PPV is recorded on Monday from London or Manchester.

30 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

It wouldn't of killed them to announce everything at once

some of us are very inpatient and booked flights etc 

Hardly tape the Raw episode somewhere on the Sunday and back to the states then ? 

That's not exactly their fault if you've booked stuff is it?

I doubt they have everything to announce at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Perry said:

Is this going to be the September PPV? or is is going to be similar to that special event they held in Australia a while back? 

This is the proper September scheduled PPV

Summerslam is July 30th and then The UK PPV is September 3rd with nothing in between and after the UK show the next scheduled event isnt until Oct which is almost certainly the Saudi Show which is rumoured to be TLC so the UK show should have a decent build after Summerslam