WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah, they’re definitely not about fleecing the super fans for as much as they possibly can at every opportunity 

It probably won’t be much more expensive than if you were to book everything individually yourself. For a small upswing they’re essentially just taking the hassle out of you having to do that.

Looking at booking.com the hotel prices are unbelievable. The hotel, VOCO St. David’s is £1098 for the 2 nights 

Luckily booked a hotel when the leak came out. Ibis Central £240 for Friday and Saturday 

• Paid Members

So here's the poster (cc: @Keith Houchen...) which I share only really to convey that my favourite response to it so far is from a Cardiff resident who thinks the event name/poster is confusing/misleading as the event is at the Millennium Stadium which is HALF A MILE from the castle.

Wait until he finds out about that Wrestlemania that had the big Statue of Liberty on the poster/set...

• Paid Members

My hunch is that the name is part-politically motivated - by mentioning the castle specifically, the various stakeholders can wax lyrical about how it will encourage wider tourism and local economy benefits by highlighting a famous landmark and extend their cultural footprint. It's the sort of granular, tedious detail that will give suits a hard-on. The event was always going to do big numbers at the actual Principality, but it will obviously encourage more visitors to the castle from non-locals and businesses/initiatives around the surrounding area. That was probably part of a wider pitch to the Welsh tourism board, local councils etc depending on how much they had to cover off logistically. 

Still a shit name and cover design obviously. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

its abit like the UFC's Fight Island pitch, a huge portion of fans actually believed the Octagon was gonna be set up on the beach surrounded by palm trees 

the promotional photo's didnt help:

ggmgfes2uyopnguc_1594111222.jpeg.jpg.cebd55e80924806bcc1157f896a2846f.jpg

Id imagine the WWE will be doing some kind of promotion at the actual Castle though, face-off's, media interviews and all that kind of stuff.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

its abit like the UFC's Fight Island pitch, a huge portion of fans actually believed the Octagon was gonna be set up on the beach surrounded by palm trees 

the promotional photo's didnt help:

ggmgfes2uyopnguc_1594111222.jpeg.jpg.cebd55e80924806bcc1157f896a2846f.jpg

Id imagine the WWE will be doing some kind of promotion at the actual Castle though, face-off's, media interviews and all that kind of stuff.

That looks glorious. I'd be easily fooled by that. Is it better or worse than when it took place? (My MMA knowledge is pish).

I think promotional activity around the Castle is a given. In the case of the direct naming, I definitely think it's an attempt to draw attention to it as an attraction and something whereby they'll have dressed it up to their tourist board etc to gain more organic visitors and what have you outside of WWE activity. It's usually something they harp on about post-Wrestlemania in terms of the growth in the local economy for the host city. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

That looks glorious. I'd be easily fooled by that. Is it better or worse than when it took place? (My MMA knowledge is pish).

it ended up in a custom built indoor arena, on TV it didnt look much different to any other UFC event.

keeps saying tickets are locked and you neec an access key?  i signed up to get wwe pre sale but got nothing back. 

anyone know the accesss key

**EDIT**

I know how to get the code now i wasnt reading the whole article. you gotta phone them to book seats then they give you the code

Edited by children of bodom