Awful characters in otherwise excellent TV shows

RedRooster

I’ve been watching Ted Lasso, and for the most part I’ve found it to be an excellent show. However, there’s one recurring character, Sassy who is unwatchably annoying, to the point I actually switched off an episode, as she was pissing me off so much.

Clearly this isn’t the intention of the writers, and it’s certainly not the fault of the actress, but fuck me, the character is unbearable.

Which brings me to my question - what characters have you felt that way about in otherwise good TV shows? 

• Paid Members

Omar White from Oz immediately springs to mind. Just an unwelcome annoyance in an otherwise excellent series. Just completely irritating throughout his entire run and I'm surprised the other inmates didn't all join forces to off him, such was the level of his irritation.

37 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Omar White from Oz immediately springs to mind. Just an unwelcome annoyance in an otherwise excellent series. Just completely irritating throughout his entire run and I'm surprised the other inmates didn't all join forces to off him, such was the level of his irritation.

I’m fucking dreading reviewing his episodes next year.

William Giles isn’t far behind him in the annoying stakes and Beecher goes a bit pathetic around the middle of the show too

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Kate in Lost is the ultimate example. Every time there was a Kate flashback episode it was guaranteed to be shite. She spent most her time running around being annoying or crying or being in the most boring love triangle in TV history. Even the actress hated playing her.

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

IN OTHERWISE EXCELLENT SHOWS, guys! 😒

Bah!

We’ve been rewatching The West Wing this year and have hit a roadblock in the shape of Joshua Malina’s character Will Bailey. He doesn’t completely ruin the show but he’s extremely hard to care about.