RedRooster Posted September 24, 2021 Posted September 24, 2021 I’ve been watching Ted Lasso, and for the most part I’ve found it to be an excellent show. However, there’s one recurring character, Sassy who is unwatchably annoying, to the point I actually switched off an episode, as she was pissing me off so much. Clearly this isn’t the intention of the writers, and it’s certainly not the fault of the actress, but fuck me, the character is unbearable. Which brings me to my question - what characters have you felt that way about in otherwise good TV shows?
Paid Members Boycie Posted September 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2021 Omar White from Oz immediately springs to mind. Just an unwelcome annoyance in an otherwise excellent series. Just completely irritating throughout his entire run and I'm surprised the other inmates didn't all join forces to off him, such was the level of his irritation.
Paid Members Boycie Posted September 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2021 While I'm on the subject of annoying characters, Samwell Tarly from Game of Thrones can do one as well. Some might find him endearing, I just find him to be a knob.
Keith Houchen Posted September 24, 2021 Posted September 24, 2021 Uncle Albert was fucking terrible but wasn’t in an excellent tv show, just a good one.
RedRooster Posted September 24, 2021 Author Posted September 24, 2021 I’m also going to add the entire Moon family in Frasier, outside of Daphne. Simon in particular. Absolute disaster of a character, and not in the way they intended.
wordsfromlee Posted September 24, 2021 Posted September 24, 2021 Jess in New Girl - I'd rather it had been the Nick, Schmidt & Cece Show Gabe in The US Office. Any of the Sabre lot really.
WyattSheepMask Posted September 24, 2021 Posted September 24, 2021 37 minutes ago, Boycie said: Omar White from Oz immediately springs to mind. Just an unwelcome annoyance in an otherwise excellent series. Just completely irritating throughout his entire run and I'm surprised the other inmates didn't all join forces to off him, such was the level of his irritation. I’m fucking dreading reviewing his episodes next year. William Giles isn’t far behind him in the annoying stakes and Beecher goes a bit pathetic around the middle of the show too
Members SuperBacon Posted September 24, 2021 Members Posted September 24, 2021 Jackie Jr in The Sopranos. Fucking little cunt.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2021 Kate in Lost is the ultimate example. Every time there was a Kate flashback episode it was guaranteed to be shite. She spent most her time running around being annoying or crying or being in the most boring love triangle in TV history. Even the actress hated playing her.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted September 24, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted September 24, 2021 Dawn in Buffy immediately comes to mind.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 24, 2021 Moderators Posted September 24, 2021 IN OTHERWISE EXCELLENT SHOWS, guys! ?
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2021 48 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Dawn in Buffy immediately comes to mind. I put that completely down to Joss
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2021 Skylar in Breaking Bad. Just always whiny.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted September 24, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted September 24, 2021 9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: IN OTHERWISE EXCELLENT SHOWS, guys! ? Bah! We’ve been rewatching The West Wing this year and have hit a roadblock in the shape of Joshua Malina’s character Will Bailey. He doesn’t completely ruin the show but he’s extremely hard to care about.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.