Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

7 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm not a karaoke singer I'm actually in a band have been for the past 12 months mate and the last solo show I did do 3 weeks ago was a sold out show which was around 170 people mate so while you might get a quick giggle or high fives off people on this forum I know I'm doing very fucking well with my career and every bit of time/passion/energy I do put in pays off and gets me recognized and noticed by the right people in my industry. 

So you make your snide little comments and think your hilarious but please try to get your facts straight when you do try

This isn’t the first time you’ve bitten at this. If you want to make it in the music business in this day & age, and best of luck to you in that, you’re going to have get used to people making comments and no sell the negative ones. You can’t take every bit of negative criticism/banter/joke or whatever to heart. If you think that was some kind of personal attack then you’re in for a bit of a shock

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

ive always seen James Hetfield as being a solid live vocalist. Any videos of him being the shits?

Anyway as for gigs, im off to see Biffy Clyro on Thursday which should be good. Hopefully the weather is kind as its outdoor.

Saw The Wildhearts a couple of weeks back too and they were predictably superb. I do fear for Ginger's mental well being though.

9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Is it still classed as doing well in your career when you're the one booking the shows and you put yourself on the bill?

Yeah man it's absolutely classed as doing well because while you're absolutely correct I did put on the show In question however I had absolutely 0 say on any of the opening acts whatsoever. The choice and opportunity was asked of me by both strange bones and calva louise as it was their hometown album release show and they wanted a full hometown bill and they offered me the spot. I didn't at all book myself on it. 

So yes it was even more of a huge achievement for me to not only put on such a successful show with 2 really big up and coming bands one of which headlined the BBC introducing stage at reading and leeds the week after and both bands are playing a festival In the Czech Republic next year with fall out boy and Weezer. So all in all I'm incredibly proud of it dude 

2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah man it's absolutely classed as doing well because while you're absolutely correct I did put on the show In question however I had absolutely 0 say on any of the opening acts whatsoever. The choice and opportunity was asked of me by both strange bones and calva louise as it was their hometown album release show and they wanted a full hometown bill and they offered me the spot. I didn't at all book myself on it. 

So yes it was even more of a huge achievement for me to not only put on such a successful show with 2 really big up and coming bands one of which headlined the BBC introducing stage at reading and leeds the week after and both bands are playing a festival In the Czech Republic next year with fall out boy and Weezer. So all in all I'm incredibly proud of it dude 

You were the opener for an album release show? And you're trying to claim credit for the crowd? Interesting.....

Moving away from the gig self promotion, Saliva, yes that one, are touring in Feb next year. 

Minus Josey Scott, and probably everyone else too, it is another chance to see a nu metal band in a pub, yay! 

Awfully tempting after seeing Crazy Town a few years ago and the mess that was Alien Ant Farm's gig in Preston too. 

7 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Moving away from the gig self promotion, Saliva, yes that one, are touring in Feb next year. 

Minus Josey Scott, and probably everyone else too, it is another chance to see a nu metal band in a pub, yay! 

Awfully tempting after seeing Crazy Town a few years ago and the mess that was Alien Ant Farm's gig in Preston too. 

Where abouts did alien ant farm play in preston? I worked with crazy town a few times including their show in preston about 5 years ago I believe they played at a pub called ships and giggles 

26 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Where abouts did alien ant farm play in preston? I worked with crazy town a few times including their show in preston about 5 years ago I believe they played at a pub called ships and giggles 

Et voila

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2016/10/alien-ant-farm-show-at-53-degrees-abandoned-after-frontman-assaulted/

1 hour ago, patiirc said:

No fucking way that's insane. Why would anyone do this at a show they have paid money to be at? Even if it was just beer it was uncalled for and unnecessary. 

As if hed pe were the main support for it too they always seem to be over here in the uk. I think they did like 4 tours in the space of 16 months a few years ago. I've been offered a date on 2 of their previous tours but they don't seem worth the gamble for a band that are always playing over here. 

13 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

No fucking way that's insane. Why would anyone do this at a show they have paid money to be at? Even if it was just beer it was uncalled for and unnecessary. 

As if hed pe were the main support for it too they always seem to be over here in the uk. I think they did like 4 tours in the space of 16 months a few years ago. I've been offered a date on 2 of their previous tours but they don't seem worth the gamble for a band that are always playing over here. 

Because Preston. 

Hed PE and Sumo Cyco were best things about the gig. AAF were shite 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, patiirc said:

Because Preston. 

Hed PE and Sumo Cyco were best things about the gig. AAF were shite 

This, saw them at Sub89 in Reading on that tour. Both Sumo Cyco and Hed PE put on a hell of a show. I didn't have high hopes but AAF were astonishingly shit in comparison.