General Disney Hate Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I didn't say I agreed with it, I said he has every right to do it if a studio allows him to. Good on him for doing so. Scorsese has to twerk for the streaming services at the moment to get funding. Fucking Scorsese! So if Nolan can leverage his power, then fair fucks to him. 

That's not quite what happened with The Irishman though. The original financiers dropped out because the budget was getting too big and were concerned that it would not recoup its huge costs at the box office. And they were almost certainly right. So Netflix stepped in and covered the still rising costs, Scorsese didn't have to "twerk" for anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
24 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I guess a big enough truck full of money turned up at her house one morning for her to call it a day.

The statement from Disney also confirmed her Tower of Terror movie she was Executive Producing and starring in is back on. It was announced a night before the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World opening, a day which has been sold out for months. Maybe this was a really elaborate way of getting tickets? 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Madness I know. Someone getting what they want after asking for it, and being happy with the outcome.

I think he was hoping for a fight to the death between Scarlett and Mickey Mouse or something.

This was the only outcome that was ever coming. They're both smart enough to not drag it out.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think he was hoping for a fight to the death between Scarlett and Mickey Mouse or something.

This was the only outcome that was ever coming. They're both smart enough to not drag it out.

Nope, but it was clear Disney from a legal perspective were fucked, and a legal court case would have changed how modern Hollywood works. She’d have won. But hey, I’m getting a Tower of Terror film and we may get some more Black Widow so swings and roundabouts 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Devon Malcolm changed the title to General Disney Hate Thread
  • Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They’re doing a Tory with publicly owned companies aren’t they? Make them unprofitable and unusable so they can close it down. 

Yeah, just one more step towards their homogenisation of visual culture.