General Disney Hate Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
On 1/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Pixar should do a story about toys. That might get some merch on the shelves. 

Lightyear is a story about the person who inspired the Buzz Lightyear toy that we see in Toy Story. It sounds like an idea you would pitch as a joke on twitter. Yet, here we are.

41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Lightyear is a story about the person who inspired the Buzz Lightyear toy that we see in Toy Story. It sounds like an idea you would pitch as a joke on twitter. Yet, here we are.

Sounds good. Hopefully he’s an egomaniac! I do wonder if Disney and their love of extended universe stuff will do origin stories for Woody and the gang? I hope not but then again Pixar do make lovely films. 

Watched Encanto last night. Liked some of the ideas and the main character  but it was flat and had pretty shit songs. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sounds good. Hopefully he’s an egomaniac! I do wonder if Disney and their love of extended universe stuff will do origin stories for Woody and the gang? I hope not but then again Pixar do make lovely films. 

Watched Encanto last night. Liked some of the ideas and the main character  but it was flat and had pretty shit songs. 

I think they covered Woody’s origins in TS2 unless you propose he is also based on a real cowboy.

Cant argue with that Encanto review. Sums it up well.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I liked the idea that someone mentioned about Lightyear essentially being a film or tv show that Andy would’ve watched and that the toy Buzz Lightyear was that film/tv show’s merch

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I liked the idea that someone mentioned about Lightyear essentially being a film or tv show that Andy would’ve watched and that the toy Buzz Lightyear was that film/tv show’s merch

Yeah I like that idea (in the way Andy’s mum probably watched Woody’s Round Up growing up.) But I believe that Lightyear was a real astronaut which led to the Buzz Lightyear merchandise, rather then your suggestion. 

Sorry, forgot the thread title. Walt Disney married his 13 year old cousin. There you go.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

My 6yr old disagrees, she can’t get enough.

This whole family disagrees also. I enjoyed the film a lot (although the pacing does feel a bit off) and the music has really grown on me with repeated listens to the soundtrack (every single meal time and car journey.....)

• Awards Moderator
22 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This whole family disagrees also. I enjoyed the film a lot (although the pacing does feel a bit off) and the music has really grown on me with repeated listens to the soundtrack (every single meal time and car journey.....)

This household similarly disagrees! The songs are the current holders of the “Play On Repeat In My Head While I’m Trying To Go To Sleep” Title…

Just got back from dropping my girls off at their mums, listened to ‘We Don’t Talk About Bruno’ for the 12th time today. I remember a similar trajectory with Frozen’s songs where by the second week the kids had gone from disinterest to obsession. 

26 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This household similarly disagrees! The songs are the current holders of the “Play On Repeat In My Head While I’m Trying To Go To Sleep” Title…

Yeah but you’re a Miranda nonce. 

• 3 weeks later...