General Disney Hate Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As expected, some well thought out and nuanced replies to that. 

With Scorsese they were all "lol original movies, this dude only makes gangster shit" so they basically remix it for whatever director is speaking out this week. Emmerich gets the "lol original movies, this dude only makes disaster shit" treatment.

9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

With Scorsese they were all "lol original movies, this dude only makes gangster shit" so they basically remix it for whatever director is speaking out this week. Emmerich gets the "lol original movies, this dude only makes disaster shit" treatment.

Christopher Nolan should be next, so they can say “lol original movies, this dude only makes Batman movies”

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christopher Nolan should be next, so they can say “lol original movies, this dude only makes Batman movies”

Or "crap movies", if you're proper #FilmTwitter

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Of what relevance is that though? 

It was in relation to people slagging them off for slagging off comic book movies. They at least have made some classics. Emmerich hasn’t. In fact, Disaster flicks are even more popcorn movies then comic book movies. 

• Paid Members

Piss Nolan has never made a film as good as Stargate or Universal Soldier, and he's only made one better than White House Down and The Day After Tomorrow. Emmerich is double alright with me.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It was in relation to people slagging them off for slagging off comic book movies. They at least have made some classics. Emmerich hasn’t. In fact, Disaster flicks are even more popcorn movies then comic book movies. 

I made an abysmal 5 minute music video in college, and I can criticise the overabundance of comic book films littering the cinemas can't I? 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I made an abysmal 5 minute music video in college, and I can criticise the overabundance of comic book films littering the cinemas can't I? 

I’m not the gatekeeper, knock yourself out

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Roland Emmerich is the master of the 2/3 star classic. I’ll never go out of my way to watch one of his films but you can’t deny he’s well placed to criticise big blockbuster films. Maybe even more so than the others because big dumb movies are directly in his wheelhouse.