General Disney Hate Thread

Devon Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 12/19/2023 at 10:10 AM, BomberPat said:

not sure how I feel about how much of the MCU fan response seems to be, "just get another black bloke in". 

I think of it more as there are plenty of fine black actors out there who are not arseholes, so it will be easy to get someone with at least the talent of Majors to replace.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I think of it more as there are plenty of fine black actors out there who are not arseholes, so it will be easy to get someone with at least the talent of Majors to replace.

Thing is Jonathan Majors IS really talented. His work in Loki and Creed 3 this year alone was proof of that (he was ok in Ant-Man and obviously great in stuff pre 2023). But it was absolutely the right thing to do when we live in a world where Ezra Miller was still allowed to continue as The Flash and The Fantastic Beast series. This isn't like when Terrance Howard was sacked for asking for more money and replaced with a better actor, I am not sure who could replace him.

Interesting that Fox/Disney have now indefinetly delayed the release of his wrestling film which he was "allegedly" on the roids for which is likely a contributor to his outbursts. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

It's more the thoughtlessness of MCU fans plowing into John Boyega's mentions and telling him he should replaced Majors and displaying absolutely no awareness of anything outside of their sphere of fandom. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Steamboat Willie and the original Mickey Mouse design is now in the public domain.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mickey-mouse-horror-film-steamboat-willie-copyright-b2472230.html

Immediately results in certain-to-be-tedious horror films and video games, but if it annoys Disney even slightly then fair play to them.