General Disney Hate Thread

Devon Malcolm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

What can I say except Jim Corkhill 

Staring The Rock and all the other actors who voiced their characters. Now he’s been booted from ruining DC, he’s here to ruin the already mostly pointless live action remakes (probably for the best tbf)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Pointless yes but You're Welcome is probably the best thing he's done in his career so I'll take it.

The film is 7 years old. I’d rather just watch that than him sing a live action version. Just no need for it.

I sort of get the plan around the live action remakes even if they're almost certainly an inferior version of the old animated films. Updating the old stuff to a new generation who didn't necessarily grow up with the old ones (yes I know pointless when they're all still there with easy access but there's some form of logic there) but trying to bring it to a new generation... when it's the same generation is more cynical and pointless than the rest of them. I think there's bonus points for the fact that we're looking at the same cast as well, so for the most part you're even getting the same performances with little in the way of different interpretations or style. Even by modern Disney standards it feels uninspired.