General Disney Hate Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Long thread about Disney trying to knock creatives after takeovers.

I remember this was discussed in another thread at the time the first allegations came out. I hope they all get justice and that this dominoes into the studio system at large where writers and producers don’t get paid royalties because a movie “didn’t turn a profit”. There was a lot of discussion from Ed Solomon about how he never got royalties from Sony for the first Men in Black which despite making hundreds of millions never turned a profit somehow. This also happened to another producer on Spider-Man Far From Home where Sony claimed the same thing. So I’d imagine it’s not just Sony doing the dirty.   

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Seems excessive.

About 10 screens being used. My local used 8 of their screens today out of 16 for Dr Strange, though 1 of those was 4DX and the other IMAX. It's the same for most big franchise films. Did the same for Fantastic Beasts opening weekend as well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

If you want more Disney is shit 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g34515-d143394-Reviews-Walt_Disney_World_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html

They are slowly slipping to 4* ratings due to high prices, cost cutting and being crap.  

Probably more suited for the young girls' merry-go-round thread but that place has always seemed like some kind of hell, and not the good kind.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This is fucking stupid.

14 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Seems excessive.

And those are only the showings in our universe!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I knew someone who worked the US Comic Con circuit years ago, and she was saying a good ten years before Stan Lee died, and before the allegations of elder abuse came out, that the way he was treated was really off - they just carted him around from signing to signing, didn't let anyone speak to him, and half the time he didn't seem to know where he was or who half the people with him were. Fucking ghouls, the lot of them.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hadn’t looked at it this way. Wankers. 

TBF it’s not unique. WB have been doing it for years as well. Shitty practice with a helmet mind.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator
14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

TBF it’s not unique. WB have been doing it for years as well. Shitty practise with a helmet mind.

Looks better than removing a moustache.