The All-Purpose Weather Praise thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

I love the sun. Sure, it can get a bit too oppressive at times, and if the humidity and pollution gets too much, it can feel like you're permanently standing behind a bus (credit: @PunkStep), but for the most part, the sunshine, the brightness, the warmth, the extra vitamin D, and yes - the women in summer gear (and I don't just mean skimpy, I mean swooshy skirts too) make it all worthwhile to me. And bear in mind I'm one of those who has to worry about the old dome frying, so have to either wear a hat or slather my bonce in high-factor whenever I go out.

One of the best things about hot weather is having a massive pint of cold beer or cider in a frosted glass. At the moment, my beer of choice is Fuller's Honey Dew, although this has also become a faovurite:

1690629342_brotherscoconutlime.thumb.jpg.a0719fe44658613283cfa6d09dbaf9ca.jpg

But this is the All-Purpose Praise thread, so when we get torrents of shitty rain and banks of fog, feel free to wax lyrical.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, Carbomb said:

I love the sun. Sure, it can get a bit too oppressive at times, and if the humidity and pollution gets too much, it can feel like you're permanently standing behind a bus (credit: @PunkStep), but for the most part, the sunshine, the brightness, the warmth, the extra vitamin D, and yes - the women in summer gear (and I don't just mean skimpy, I mean swooshy skirts too) make it all worthwhile to me. And bear in mind I'm one of those who has to worry about the old dome frying, so have to either wear a hat or slather my bonce in high-factor whenever I go out.

One of the best things about hot weather is having a massive pint of cold beer or cider in a frosted glass. 

But this is the All-Purpose Praise thread, so when we get torrents of shitty rain and banks of fog, feel free to wax lyrical.

I won't have a word said against foggy weather. 

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

No need to toot your horn

I've heard that can get you in a lot of trouble.

On the actual subject of the thread, from my back garden I can smell a neighbour having a barbecue, which is the one positive so far of these otherwise sweltering conditions. 

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Having two separate threads about the same topic, split by whether the comment is positive or negative is quite frankly idiotic.

Once upon a time, we had megathreads but oh no, we can’t do that anymore. It’s PC gone mad. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What a lovely place.

This is your garden? In London?

Thanks!

Yep! We're very proud of it, but takes a shit-ton of work every year.