The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The mustard are down after that. Not entirely surprising - but we just don’t have the depth that other teams do and we’re not cut out for this level. Our fans are hysterical during defeats like this and it’s actually getting quite boring. Just accept that we’re shit and shut your noise. 

Going to give up football and stick to other, purer, more physical and more exciting sports instead. Like snooker. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I'm sure you'll smash it in the Championship again, though. That's the worst part of it. 

• Paid Members

I genuinely don’t think they’ll come straight back up like they did previously. This squad actually feels weaker than the squad we even had last season when we were promoted. Players like Pukki will probably move on, and the next crop of youngsters off the production line don’t have as much promise as the likes of Aarons, Cantwell and co. The Championship is a much tougher proposition with each passing year. 

We’ve been so jammy as Norwich fans to have had as many promotions as we’ve had over the last 10/15 years. We’ve lived a charmed life of title wins, a playoff win at Wembley and the odd big PL upset against the likes of Man City. Compared to a lot of other teams, we’ve been living a charmed life. Dismal Prem performances aside, we’ve also been incredibly well run. When you look at the mess the likes of Derby have gotten themselves into, things could have been so much worse. 

Football is a strange, cyclical beast. I feel like we’re due a few years in the Championship wilderness while other teams get a crack at the top flight. 

3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Should stick Keano as Man Utd manager and see the place get the kick up the arse it needs, but with Sir Alex around, that'll never happen.

Yes. A club that’s fractured would certainly benefit from the stability Roy Keane brings to every job. 

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes. A club that’s fractured would certainly benefit from the stability Roy Keane brings to every job. 

Shhhh. I’m fully onboard the Roy Keane express and every Man United fan I know who thinks “he’d sort them out” gets my glowing endorsement. I look forward to it happening and seeing him tell Pogba to shave off his sideburns every time he sees him.

50 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Shhhh. I’m fully onboard the Roy Keane express and every Man United fan I know who thinks “he’d sort them out” gets my glowing endorsement. I look forward to it happening and seeing him tell Pogba to shave off his sideburns every time he sees him.

He’d fine anyone using Instagram. It would be majestic. 

• Paid Members

Hesgoals stopped streaming Premier League games. The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open.