The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

If top managers were to turn down jobs from clubs owned by cunts, they'd never get work.

I'm not saying he should turn down the job, just you have to expect to be asked these questions. Guardiola got the arsehole when asked about his owners as well but it comes with the territory.

The biggest reason Chelsea are where they are now and Tuchel is there is due to the owner. Therefore, if he's sat there, why wouldn't a journalist ask him? He's been hung out sure by the trust and the owner, but as you said they're cunts.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I'm not saying he should turn down the job, just you have to expect to be asked these questions. Guardiola got the arsehole when asked about his owners as well but it comes with the territory.

The biggest reason Chelsea are where they are now and Tuchel is there is due to the owner. Therefore, if he's sat there, why wouldn't a journalist ask him? He's been hung out sure by the trust and the owner, but as you said they're cunts.

I get what you mean, I just think it's a bit odd to expect him to comment when fans don't appear to care, the government certainly doesn't care, and FIFA only gave a damn recently. He would end up being the most vocal on a situation that, in a sense, has the least to do with him out of anyone involved with the club. 

To clarify, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask him the question. But when he's given his position, saying he doesn't think it's for him to comment, it then becomes unreasonable to keep pushing him.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The ONLY reason.

Absolutely. 

Sky Sports News now reporting that he's selling. Good fucking riddance.

Edit: it's hard trying to piece all of this together. In his statement, he's really distancing himself from Putin. Using the word 'war', talk of setting up a charitable foundation to help the victims of the war in Ukraine- it doesn't smack of somebody that's rushing back to Moscow anytime soon. He hasn't been sanctioned (yet), but still trying to liquidate his UK assets quickly. It doesn't add up. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Absolutely. 

Sky Sports News now reporting that he's selling. Good fucking riddance.

Edit: it's hard trying to piece all of this together. In his statement, he's really distancing himself from Putin. Using the word 'war', talk of setting up a charitable foundation to help the victims of the war in Ukraine- it doesn't smack of somebody that's rushing back to Moscow anytime soon. He hasn't been sanctioned (yet), but still trying to liquidate his UK assets quickly. It doesn't add up. 

I wonder if he's trying to avoid sanctions entirely so he can do business again quickly when things settle down. That's a hell of an advantage compared to the rest of Russia.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fair play to them for apologising and clearing up the misunderstanding

It reminds me of that correction in the newspaper about Katie Hopkins in South Africa that time. 

• Paid Members

Clyde signed Goodwillie again (on loan) and then freed him to go back to Raith Rovers straight away, forgetting that they actually had him there for four years before he signed for Raith. Makes your head hurt. Raith don't want him. He's f*cked either way. Good stuff.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Clyde signed Goodwillie again (on loan) and then freed him to go back to Raith Rovers straight away, forgetting that they actually had him there for four years before he signed for Raith. Makes your head hurt. Raith don't want him. He's f*cked either way. Good stuff.

There’s only one way he should be fucked.