Can You Name Every WWE Intercontinental Champion?

LSM

63 here as well. Not too bothered about forgetting 4 of the first 6 and 3 of the last 5 champions, but I should've got far more of them from the 90s and 2000s. 

Spoiler

Missed Patera, Morales, Santana, Valentine, Von Erich, Jannetty, Razor (!), Douglas, Mero, Shamrock, Godfather, Morrison, Umaga, Santino, Kofi, Miz, Axel, Langston, Ryback, Owens, Bálor, Nakamura and Zayn. 

48 minutes ago, theironshake said:

Zac Ryder was IC Champ. When did that happen?

32 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They gave him a “WrestleMania Moment” in a ladder match a few years ago. I think he lost it to the Miz the night after.

Yeah, Wrestlemania 32. If memory serves me correctly, Adrian Neville was scheduled to win it but got injured about 3 weeks prior to the event, so Ryder took his place and got a 24hr reign out of it. Even got a photo of himself being a massive mark with Scott Hall, who he said was his favourite IC champ when he was younger.

So, got his big moment that he was never meant to have due to someone else going down injured only to have it taken away from him a day later 

9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah, Wrestlemania 32. If memory serves me correctly, Adrian Neville was scheduled to win it but got injured about 3 weeks prior to the event, so Ryder took his place and got a 24hr reign out of it. Even got a photo of himself being a massive mark with Scott Hall, who he said was his favourite IC champ when he was younger.

So, got his big moment that he was never meant to have due to someone else going down injured only to have it taken away from him a day later 

Honestly I do a double take every time I see that name. One of those things that get blocked out of memory. What a shit name,

• Paid Members

I got 85/86 in about ten minutes. Put simply I reached the point where I forgot the actual lineage/memorable champions from particular periods and started stabbing in current names that I vaguely remember have won it, then backtracked thinking “who was half decent and would have won it.”

I really wasn’t that annoyed at the one I forgot because (a) debate as to whether he was actually decent (b) he only had it a day. Shame, he seems a lovely bloke.

EDIT - well, it’s been spoiled already, so I was talking about Ryder.

EDIT - reviewing the list, especially some of the most marginal guys where it was a stretch to remember like “who was between those two” or “and he won it from....” it’s remarkable the drop-off in required star power to win that belt that snuck in somewhere between 95-99 and got worse as time progressed. Looking at some of the people who just “had a run” and wore that belt compared to legends and fantastic performers that never held it - men as over as Jake the Snake, the Million Dollar Man, The Model and Big Boss Man by the standards of other times would have merited a go, as we’ve discussed no end. Although one serious outlier is Kid/X-Pac. If anyone deserved a go with the belt changing every week in 1999, it was him.

Still, there’s a flip side. In today’s era of a thousand belts, Mideon & Viscera would be five-time tag team champions by now. Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by air_raid

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

I got 85/86 in about ten minutes. Put simply I reached the point where I forgot the actual lineage/memorable champions from particular periods and started stabbing in current names that I vaguely remember have won it, then backtracked thinking “who was half decent and would have won it.”

I really wasn’t that annoyed at the one I forgot because (a) debate as to whether he was actually decent (b) he only had it a day. Shame, he seems a lovely bloke.

EDIT - well, it’s been spoiled already, so I was talking about Ryder.

EDIT - reviewing the list, especially some of the most marginal guys where it was a stretch to remember like “who was between those two” or “and he won it from....” it’s remarkable the drop-off in required star power to win that belt that snuck in somewhere between 95-99 and got worse as time progressed. Looking at some of the people who just “had a run” and wore that belt compared to legends and fantastic performers that never held it - men as over as Jake the Snake, the Million Dollar Man, The Model and Big Boss Man by the standards of other times would have merited a go, as we’ve discussed no end. Although one serious outlier is Kid/X-Pac. If anyone deserved a go with the belt changing every week in 1999, it was him.

Still, there’s a flip side. In today’s era of a thousand belts, Mideon & Viscera would be five-time tag team champions by now. Swings and roundabouts.

This surprised me too.

I put in X-Pac, The Kid, The Lightening Kid, The 123 Kid, Sean Waltman even put in Syxx-Pac incase they got confused but nothing, I then accepted that he didn't win it.

11 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

This surprised me too.

I put in X-Pac, The Kid, The Lightening Kid, The 123 Kid, Sean Waltman even put in Syxx-Pac incase they got confused but nothing, I then accepted that he didn't win it.

Ha not just me then?

70 - couldn’t for the life of me remember Patera and Muraco but flew through the rest up to and including 1996/97 then started patchily picking names from all over the shop between then and now. Missed some fairly obvious ones - incl Ziggler (which probably says more about him than me) & RVD.