Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 5, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted July 5, 2021 Putting food on the tray to put in the oven, putting the timer on, sitting down, going to give it a turn when the timer goes off, finding I haven't put it in the fucking oven in the first place. Most of mine are oven related, it seems. Quote
Chili Posted July 5, 2021 Posted July 5, 2021 7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Putting food on the tray to put in the oven, putting the timer on, sitting down, going to give it a turn when the timer goes off, finding I haven't put it in the fucking oven in the first place. Most of mine are oven related, it seems. Yeah this. More a MH flare up leading to me just becoming confused by an oven I've used for three years. Broadly fine. Quote
King Coconut Posted July 5, 2021 Posted July 5, 2021 3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Putting food on the tray to put in the oven, putting the timer on, sitting down, going to give it a turn when the timer goes off, finding I haven't put it in the fucking oven in the first place. Most of mine are oven related, it seems. This never happens. You need outside assistance. Setting the timer is the bottom of everybody's list in this situation. Quote
deathrey Posted July 9, 2021 Posted July 9, 2021 (edited) We ordered food on Wednesday night. The place we ordered from do the most delicious garlic chilli mushrooms which are as hot as the sun but honestly taste amazing. They always give me indigestion but I order them anyway like an idiot. I asked for them to be slightly less spicy (they weren't really) and woke up yesterday morning with really bad indigestion. Ate lots of indigestion tablets and was fine by lunchtime. For some reason I decided I would be fine to have the left overs last night, guess who has a bad stomach again this morning? And I know I will order them again.... Edited July 9, 2021 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members stumobir Posted July 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2021 (edited) 16 minutes ago, deathrey said: We ordered food on Wednesday night. The place we ordered from do the most delicious garlic chilli mushrooms which are as hot as the sun but honestly taste amazing. They always give me indigestion but I order them anyway like an idiot. I asked for them to be slightly less spicy (they weren't really) and woke up yesterday morning with really bad indigestion. Ate lots of indigestion tablets and was fine by lunchtime. For some reason I decided I would be fine to have the left overs last night, guess who has a bad stomach again this morning? And I know I will order them again.... Reminds me of a guy I went to Uni with, he had a shellfish allergy but he would pop a couple of antihistamines and eat prawns anyway because he loved them so much, apparently. One time his lips got so swollen that if he kissed a window, you’d still be trying to peel him off. That was just the tip of the iceberg with that guy. He was a loaded but unbelievably grounded Emirati National, total nutter but a top dude. Edited July 9, 2021 by stumobir Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 9, 2021 Members Posted July 9, 2021 18 minutes ago, deathrey said: We ordered food on Wednesday night. The place we ordered from do the most delicious garlic chilli mushrooms which are as hot as the sun but honestly taste amazing. They always give me indigestion but I order them anyway like an idiot. I asked for them to be slightly less spicy (they weren't really) and woke up yesterday morning with really bad indigestion. Ate lots of indigestion tablets and was fine by lunchtime. For some reason I decided I would be fine to have the left overs last night, guess who has a bad stomach again this morning? And I know I will order them again.... I bought this spicy, and I mean SPICY, ramen noodle soup thing that I had the other day. It was genuinely hurting me as I ate it, and it was way too hot (heat wise) as well and I didn't even wait for it to cool down, I ate it all red hot in about 3 minutes. It was like self-flaggelation, and I then suffered all night. Bought 3 more packets yesterday. Quote
deathrey Posted July 9, 2021 Posted July 9, 2021 (edited) Glad I'm not the only one @SuperBacon 1 hour ago, stumobir said: Reminds me of a guy I went to Uni with, he had a shellfish allergy but he would pop a couple of antihistamines and eat prawns anyway because he loved them so much, apparently. One time his lips got so swollen that if he kissed a window, you’d still be trying to peel him off. That was just the tip of the iceberg with that guy. He was a loaded but unbelievably grounded Emirati National, total nutter but a top dude. My cousin used to do something similar, but she had a nut allergy and would get the EpiPen ready and eat Ferrero Rocher. It backfired for her though as the allergy just got worse and worse and she now has an allergy that so sensitive even airborne particles set her off. Edited July 9, 2021 by deathrey I'm an idiot Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted July 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2021 33 minutes ago, deathrey said: Glad I'm not the only one @SuperBacon My cousin used to do something similar, but she had a but allergy and would get the EpiPen ready and eat Ferrero Rocher. It backfired for her though as the allergy just got worse and worse and she now has an allergy that so sensitive even airborne particles set her off. I mean that typo really makes it. Nowt worse than airborne but particles. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 17, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted May 17, 2023 On 2/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, Devon Malcolm said: What stupid error do you keep making in your day-to-day life and never learn from? My favourite is opening the oven door and getting my face too close to the blast of heat that escapes from it when I go to check on something. Amazed I haven't needed a skin graft yet. Did it again, lads. Had a good 8 month run there, though. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 25, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted March 25, 2024 ^ See above. This thread is my personal log of my near misses with needing plastic surgery. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 25, 2024 Members Posted March 25, 2024 11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: ^ See above. This thread is my personal log of my near misses with needing plastic surgery. Every time I do this now (daily) I think of you. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2024 Easy one for me, because i've been repeating it for years. Basically, lying down after i've eaten food. I know a food coma is coming, I know i'm not gonna get more than 20 minutes into the movie/sporting event i was planning on watching, but I do it anyway and I never finish anything. Stupid. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 25, 2024 Posted March 25, 2024 Thinking I can "rest my eyes" and just listen to the TV and not fall asleep. Can I fuck. Guaranteed to wake up at 1am confused in front of something that has finished. Or even worse something that whatever streaming service I'm using has continued to play episode after episode of. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted March 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2024 I add a book to my library wish list. Get an email to say it’s ready. Walk to the library to pick book up. Bring the book home and put it on my bedside table. Get an email three weeks later to say the book is due back. Walk the book back to the library. Not a single page read Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted May 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 25, 2024 Writing a shopping list but not actually checking the cupboards while doing so. The clocks will have changed again before I need to buy teabags again. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.