WWE Royal Rumble 2021

tiger_rick

19 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Not the worst show by some distance but is Edge really "the" guy to end Roman's reign (geddit!?) after the sterling work he's put in as dominant heel?

I would really like to see Drew retain at 'Mania to cap off a mental year and because there's no one better/up and coming that makes sense in my opinion. 

Sasha Banks is an absolute superstar, unsung in terms of best female wrestler in my opinion. 

Orton/Wyatt in a Firefly Funhouse match. 

Nothing else really came to mind other than how pointless so many of the current roster are. No story, no character, no motivation or reason to invest in them. 

But not a bad show at all. 

No, but for me he is a really good foil to let Roman's reign continue on. Edge loses nothing by losing to Roman and I can buy this as one of the two main events. Edge/Drew would be ridiculous to me if they are trying to cement Drew as the number one face in the company.

• Paid Members

Was just reading that Christian is cleared to wrestle again as a part-timer. It was also noted that his last match before retiring was a qualifier to fight for the Intercontinental Title, which he won but was never able to fight for the belt due to concussion problems. The Intercontinental Champion then was Big E. Seven years later the Intercontinental Champion is Big E. This company, man. Fucking Groundhog Day.

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Was just reading that Christian is cleared to wrestle again as a part-timer. It was also noted that his last match before retiring was a qualifier to fight for the Intercontinental Title, which he won but was never able to fight for the belt due to concussion problems. The Intercontinental Champion then was Big E. Seven years later the Intercontinental Champion is Big E. This company, man. Fucking Groundhog Day.

Groundhog Day was yesterday wasn't it?

Unless ...

... Ned Ryerson?!

33 minutes ago, Supremo said:

That’d be okay if Big E’s relative standing had changed and he was that big star that had dipped down and picked up a lesser title for storyline reasons.

Unfortunately, Christian is absolutely still the best choice for him to have a program with and exactly what he needs if an abrupt mega push isn’t on the cards.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Groundhog Day was yesterday wasn't it?

Unless ...

... Ned Ryerson?!

ZezcPq.gif.27b341976036fba9501b5ff4c1f4b230.gif

Of course, if Groundhog Day was more recent, they'd be like 'Wrestlemania... oh, okay'.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Similarly, When Edge won the 2010 Royal Rumble, he opened the next night's Raw and Sheamus came down to confront him. 11 years later...

Remember everyone taking the piss out of WCW at Spring Stampede 2000 because they were pretending Steiner and Booker being in the US Title tournament was some huge push under Russo and Bischoff when the two of them had a match for the US Title at Spring Stampede 1999? That was 1 stagnant year that's now infamous. Not 7 or 11 years.

13 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Will probably end up with Edge winning the title and Christian losing his opportunity and then Christian turning on Edge because he's jealous and then its Edge vs Christian at Summerslam or something. 

20 Years ago this similar story happened, think that was due to Edge winning KOTR and the IC title while Christian just existed, so absolutely it's happening again.

11 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Will probably end up with Edge winning the title and Christian losing his opportunity and then Christian turning on Edge because he's jealous and then its Edge vs Christian at Summerslam or something. 

I'd be more invested in seeing them team up to win the tag titles one more time against a strong heel tag team, perhaps The Usos? 

I'm really interested to see how WWE uses Christian going forward, given how half-hearted they were about his retirement in the first place. I could easily see them wheel him out occasionally for the odd one off match rather than fully-fledged feuds.

On the topic of WWE timewarps that really mess me up, Batista was gone for longer after WrestleMania XXX to his Triple H match than he was after his initial run. 2010-2014 compared to 2014-2019.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Big E hasn't forgotten!