WWE Royal Rumble 2021

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Without having to rewatch the whole Menā€™s match again, did they reference Orton being in aĀ bitter feudĀ with The Fiend at all, or howĀ his face burns seemed to have miraculously healed? Or did they just sandbag the whole thing for the night and go back to it on RAW?

Yeah, it went entirely unmentioned.Ā 

There were rumours a few weeks ago about WWE having a "scary finish planned for the Rumble match" which I assumed would have resulted in Orton being last eliminated as he was, but with some spooky-dooky Fiend involvement.

I imagine either a) Vince hated what they had planned like he hated whatever they originally planned for the finish of the Eye for an Eye match or b) it was decided they didn't want to overshadow the Edge win in any way, so they decided to just forget about it for the night.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Yeah, it went entirely unmentioned.Ā 

There were rumours a few weeks ago about WWE having a "scary finish planned for the Rumble match" which I assumed would have resulted in Orton being last eliminated as he was, but with some spooky-dooky Fiend involvement.

I imagine either a) Vince hated what they had planned like he hated whatever they originally planned for the finish of the Eye for an Eye match or b) it was decided they didn't want to overshadow the Edge win in any way, so they decided to just forget about it for the night.

Isn't it more likely that whichever website posted that was just making stuff up?

• Paid Members

Meltzer reporting that Edge suggested he win the Rumble, which played a part in them going with it.

Love the idea that they went with Edge because he was the only one who even hinted at wanting to win. All the Gratitude Era wrestlers were probably just stoked to be there. Not a gun or a knife between them.

Not sure if already commented as only watched yesterday so not going back through 25 pages to see but what is with the entrances when it seems to change the camera shot to almost a 3D style image with a slightly blurred background?

I dont watch the weekly shows, is this a regular thing?

Ā 

• Awards Moderator
37 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Not sure if already commented as only watched yesterday so not going back through 25 pages to see but what is with the entrances when it seems to change the camera shot to almost a 3D style image with a slightly blurred background?

I dont watch the weekly shows, is this a regular thing?

Ā 

Some fancy new 8K camera setup they're playing with.

1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

Some fancy new 8K camera setup they're playing with.

ah right thanks, it looks almost like a video game close up.Ā 

funny how time moves on, ive got an old PWI which has a feature on the incoming HD TV cameras and the impact they might have on wrestling seeingĀ things more clearer and now we are looking at 8K

• Paid Members
On 2/3/2021 at 3:44 PM, TomJones233 said:

It was the plan in 2012. Had Edge not retired. The WM 28 main event was gonna be Edge vs Christian.

Not Cena vs Rock then? Iā€™ve heard of ā€œplans changeā€ but... Christ!