RancidPunx Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 I can’t believe Michael Cole has been a commentator for close to 24 years. He adds absolutely nothing ? He could have feigned excitement or surprise at the various entries in the rumble but he always sounds like he is reading off a cue card or a teleprompter .... His tone , delivery and insight is still terrible .
Wideload90 Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 Only caught up with this via results and highlights. Quick thoughts - Carlito looked the fucking man. Great build and facial hair. Stunning. As a Goldberg mark even I think he should pack it in. No interest in an edge win but a harmless event by all accounts. Despite all the moans, it's still got fans talking so that's something.
TomJones233 Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 3 minutes ago, Wideload90 said: Only caught up with this via results and highlights. Quick thoughts - Carlito looked the fucking man. Great build and facial hair. Stunning. As a Goldberg mark even I think he should pack it in. No interest in an edge win but a harmless event by all accounts. Despite all the moans, it's still got fans talking so that's something. Carlito should have another run, that bloke is real jacked.
Project Nim Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: He didn’t even get the accolade of being his former tag team partner, Cole goes “here comes his former buddy”. There supposed to be brothers arn’t they? And if he’s his “former buddy”, that implies he’s his buddy no more, how is that supposed to help Edge? If Ray Rougeau’s still doing the French commentary, I’m listening to that next time. Read that too quickly and thought it said “If Ray French is still doing the commentary” and I would be all in for that
DavidB6937 Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 51 minutes ago, RancidPunx said: I can’t believe Michael Cole has been a commentator for close to 24 years. He adds absolutely nothing ? He could have feigned excitement or surprise at the various entries in the rumble but he always sounds like he is reading off a cue card or a teleprompter .... His tone , delivery and insight is still terrible . He genuinely just sounds like he's in a video game. He has his soundbites and adverts etc he needs to get in and that's about it.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2021 1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said: He genuinely just sounds like he's in a video game. He has his soundbites and adverts etc he needs to get in and that's about it. *read off notes* "FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND!" Hard to imagine that he even enjoys that job. Recycling endless meaningless soundbites while watch endless generic pointless matches and terrible acting for hours every week for two decades while a psychotic old man yells in your headset. Sounds like hell.
Mr Butternut Squash Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 Solid Rumble PPV, no crowds naturally puts a ceiling on it. Couldn't get into the opener. These finisher spamming world title matches belong in the Jumped the Shark thread for me. They don't make me feel anything anymore. Predictable in a bad way and completely uninteresting as a match type when you've already seen the best versions of it. Thrilled for Bianca. The win and promo is lovely stuff even though I thought she stood out more last year. Surprised how much I enjoyed seeing Alicia Fox. She's completely off-kilter when everything else comes off so managed and stiff. Match was full of stupid and contrived shit but at least the roster is relatively fresh and dynamic compared to the men's. Final three felt special, three big stars with Charlotte in the Decoy Roman position. Charlotte laughing off her elimination like a dickhead, undercutting Rhea and Bianca's little moment is everything I hate about Flair. Can't show arse for a second. Step aside, love. Last Man Standing matches jumped the shark as well. Roman/Owens are doing tremendous stuff from what I've seen, though. It's a shame Owen's look is so limiting. He should be the biggest babyface in the company. Men's match was decent if forgettable. Loved Bryan and Riddle stiffing each other and trading holds. Loved Big E and Bob Lashley slapping meat. Damian Priest looked alright. Edge and Christian treating Riddle like a mug was hilarious. Carlito returning and looking jacked and was pop of the night. But yeah, a match built around Edge and Randy Orton just isn't for me. Couldn't give a shit. Good for Edge I guess, but I'm scared he'll kill all my interest in Roman.
WyattSheepMask Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 29 minutes ago, Project Nim said: Read that too quickly and thought it said “If Ray French is still doing the commentary” and I would be all in for that He and Johnathan Davies are probably the only two more insufferable than Cole & Graves
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2021 8 hours ago, stewdogg said: Jerry Lawler's commentary about the Flairs and Evans was ridiculous too, it made no sense to me, especially when the other commentators were trying to reinforce Lacey and Ric being the bad guys. Bollocks. Jerry Lawler either not getting the memo or just not giving a shit and calling it how he sees it was the highlight of the whole Women’s Royal Rumble match. Jerry is correct. Charlotte Flair is a heel. They might say otherwise, they might even think otherwise, but that’s only because they’re useless at writing characters. She’s a complete prick. Just looking at this run alone she’s swanned into a Title shot she didn’t deserve, stealing the spot from a victim of bullying without any type of apology, arrogantly bragged about only helping people when there’s something in it for her and tried to stop top shagger Ric Flair from getting some. Everything about her act, from the nonchalant, smug promos, to the whole Queen act when she’s wrestling. It screams heel. You can decide yourself whether she’s just doing what’s asked of her or whether this is the only act she has. And that’s from just looking at her from within the parameters of kayfabe. Outside of kayfabe it’s even worse. Constantly being crowbarred into everything, over shadowing characters and storylines that might actually amount to something, always being portrayed in that same have-your-cake-and-eat it Stephanie McMahon way where she never shows vulnerability or puts anyone else over and in the end it’s always about her. Fucking laughing when she’s eliminated from the Rumble. Fuck off.
The Cutting Edge Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 Charlotte is female Cody Rhodes Everything they do screams heel but for some reason insist on being called a face.
TomJones233 Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 I mean if my mam was shagging a lad my age, I'd be a bit werided out too to be fair. Charlotte is a prick otherwise, though, yeah
Kamaras-Tash Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 On another Charlotte note, I know when they were 1st in the Rumble together her and Lacey went at it but after that initial brawl they never bothered with each other again during the match did they? for such a heated feud they sharp forgot about it I could be misremembering this as I crashed out just after the Womens Rumble and was fighting sleep for a while
Mr Butternut Squash Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 Charlotte's the fucking worst. Roman/Cena/HHH/Brock comparisons don't even work. At least people care about them. At least they fucking sell.
stewdogg Posted February 1, 2021 Posted February 1, 2021 1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said: On another Charlotte note, I know when they were 1st in the Rumble together her and Lacey went at it but after that initial brawl they never bothered with each other again during the match did they? for such a heated feud they sharp forgot about it I could be misremembering this as I crashed out just after the Womens Rumble and was fighting sleep for a while I mentioned it earlier but I think she may have hurt Lacey legit. It all seemed to end very abruptly. @Supremo I don’t disagree with other comments about Charlotte but this particular story is that Lacey and her dad cost her and Asuka, a face, a title against other heel wrestlers. Jerry’s commentary goes totally against the ‘storyline’ and it doesn’t make sense.
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2021 Maybe more commentators need to call it how they see it rather than allowing themselves to look like dickheads going along with the script. Might force some writers to actually reflect on their material. ”What shall we get the heroic goodie to say to the viewers?” ”That she only helps people if there’s something in it for her.” ”Perfect.” Barring that, let’s have Billie Kay commentating full-time. One of the most naturally funny people they’ve ever had. She’s great.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.