Jay White to WWE?

tiger_rick

Im sure he’s seen how they ruin practically everybody that goes there, no matter how good they are. For every AJ there are ten horror stories of world class talent they’ve destroyed.

There’s plenty of places we can work for good money and have the creative freedom to do what he wants. He looked the the best wrestler in the world the other day and I’m sure he wouldn’t throw that away, especially at his age. Amazingly, he’s only been wrestling seven years. 

He would probably end up as a nxt U.K. mid carder with a cricket or rugby gimmick anyway.

I really hope not, he’s been amazing in New Japan over the last few years, he cut an amazing promo on Tuesday straight after a 48 minute match too, which got everyone talking.  

He then got pinned on the following night in a tag match and left quietly, The English commentary team were talking it up most of the night and I was expecting an angle to come from it but nothing happened, maybe he is on his way to WWE? 

He's really grown since his return as Switchblade, shame for NJPW to loose someone that they've healthy pushed and invested in, but that's what happens.

He's got a WWE style and been compared to 99 HHH on here, I could see him doing well there, they need fresh blood and can't see him fairing much better in AEW.

He's been in Japan for 8 years now so maybe its time to try something new.

Who else world class have WWE taken from Japan and ruined? Tensai/Albert was always a dud and Ultimo Dragon was knackered by the time he got the call. Kenta never looked all that arsed in NXT either and was fucked with injuries, and they pushed Nakamura decently but he never really looked bothered either. Balor was world champ on his first night on the main roster.

• Paid Members

If he goes he’ll almost certainly be the next, “but he was good in Japan!” letdown. I’ve never particularly rated him New Japan to begin with, so the idea of taking whatever upside he does have and putting him through that system of micromanagement and rinsing the shine off everyone? He’d be worthless in months. Fair play to him if he gets a big offer, but if he goes in with any expectations beyond becoming just another guy, dossing off and going surfing with Nakamura then he’ll end up bitterly disappointed.

Edited by Supremo

He’s someone I’d love to see in AEW, but from a purely selfish point of view I’d be a little disappointed if he were to end up in WWE. I mean, fair play to him - if the money is life-changing and he’s working with close friends I can hardly blame him for making that decision if indeed he does. 

But I’d rather see him end up in the company that is far more enjoyable to watch. You think of White in AEW and immediately you start fantasy booking feuds and dream matches. I just don’t do that in WWE anymore, I don’t care who he ends up facing. Even if they strike gold with a White feud, you know they’d end up squeezing every last drop of life out of it then keep on going anyway, even when the corpse is stiff and reeking of decay.

I know this may sound sarcastic or an attempt at humour, but if I were him I'd wait till Vince McMahon has moved on from WWE / this mortal plane and see what happens with WWE afterwards.

He would be an amazing addition to any roster. A true heel in every sense of the world. AEW would be crazy to pass up on him, he would be a great addition to the heel side of their promotion. But ultimately I can't see him leaving NJPW for a while yet. Maybe they will move him to their US programme?

Why would you want him in WWE? Not to join the Anti WWE circle jerk but Jay White wouldn't get far there. AEW, Yeah he would. Tbh, I'm sick of all these internet darlings getting signed, getting a big debut, and then doing fuck all for the rest of the time. AJ is the exception, NOT the rule. Nakamura is boring as shit and didn't add anything to WWE. And nor will Jay. AEW will scoop him up anyways.