Talk Is Jericho... Or Is It Just a Conspiracy?

wordsfromlee

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

You can choose your own opinions, but you can't choose your own facts.

When debating an issue with someone, you have to enter into it on a mutual understanding for it to be productive. By that, I mean you have to agree that

a) There are things that are agreed facts, and

b) if enough significant evidence is produced to contradict your argument, you would concede the point.

Most conspiracy theorists fail on those two basic principles. If a person cannot do those two basic things, it's not worth platforming them IMHO. This doesn't mean you "ignore and dismiss them" - they are free to continue believeing the grass is blue and the sky is green if they like. But responsible news organisations and anyone with a platform does not have an obligation to let them them air their views and indeed, should think twice about whether or not they do so.

There’s a thread on here about Rick rude not having a penis cause the honky tonk man said so. Should we not engage with Ian on anything else? 

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

Louch is now going to proceed to ignore every one of the rebuttals of his views in this thread and instead repeat himself over and over. Which is quite apt.

Haven’t ignored any Devon, people jumping to extremes to prove a point just ignores my view on learning and rebutting extreme views we come across in the world, so it is getting rather tedious now so will probably head back to watching the shield if the ice walls that keep Us in don’t get any closer

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, kamicazze said:

Everyone here has their own opinion and as much as we may not like each others opinions we should respect folk enough to listen to it, and that their entitled to that view. 

Nope. Opinions are often wrong, hurtful, hateful, ignorant or idiotic. In such cases the only thing you are entitled to is mockery, disdain and correction. "It's just my opinion" is a bullshit attitude and excuse used by fucking arseholes.

Surely it's clear that the likes of Jericho have seen Rogan land an eye-watering deal for his podcast and are trying to feed off that audience? Happens all the time. An individual or a company lands a big deal and we see others try to jump on the bandwagon?

Or has Jericho been pushing this kind of nonsense for years now?

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Louch said:

There’s a thread on here about Rick rude not having a penis cause the honky tonk man said so. Should we not engage with Ian on anything else? 

Anvil/Ken Patera actually.

Misinformation eh?....

Edited by garynysmon

27 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Anvil/Ken Patera actually.

Misinformation eh?....

It’s in the thread that Honky said it as well, helps to dig deeper into stories than just judge by the headlines....

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Louch said:

I don't think Ian actually believes that. More that it's a funny anecdote and more "wrestlers are fucking mental" fodder.

16 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Headlines? 

The thread title is literally "So, Rick Rude's cock then..." with a reference to a video clip in the first post featuring Ken Patera, which is the basis for the whole discussion.

Genuine question, are you ever off this forum? Like ever? I read once a day and no matter what time, you’re dogshit avatar is always there. You might’ve convinced some posters that you’re a good bloke but you’re a sad sack piece of shit who even when proven wrong (like in this case) can’t admit it and instead gets on like a cock. Honestly do yourself a favour and log off for once. 

Hearing all opinions no matter how fucked and weird and dangerous and responding with the fucking Sean O'Haire HEY WHOS FOR ME TO SAY? EARTH? FLAT? HEY, I DONT KNOW FOLKS doesn't work. The definitive end to all that was the other day when people who think Tom Hanks drinks kids spinal fluid stormed the fucking American senate. Fascism and science denial go hand in hand. Jericho's pushed and has helped push all this shit for the past four years and i'm fucking pigshit sick of excuses for the bald fat cunt.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Genuine question, are you ever off this forum? Like ever? I read once a day and no matter what time, you’re dogshit avatar is always there. You might’ve convinced some posters that you’re a good bloke but you’re a sad sack piece of shit who even when proven wrong (like in this case) can’t admit it and instead gets on like a cock. Honestly do yourself a favour and log off for once. 

Don't be a prick, thanks. No need for personal attacks that are completely unrelated to the topic.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I for one think garynysmon is a gem and enjoy all his posts. No idea why you've put him in your crosshair but there is absolutely no need.