Talk Is Jericho... Or Is It Just a Conspiracy?

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

So you're saying lockdowns do work?

They work in other countries, yeah. Unfortunately, the UK sees them as a bulletproof vest after you’ve been shot.

Brisbane has just gone into lockdown after recording a single case. The UK’s only in lockdown because it was recording something like 40,000 a day and someone went, “Bloody hell, best tighten stuff up, eh, lads?”

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

There seems to have been a surge of troll accounts today. 

No, 300 has always been a moron, they just only do so on a hit-and-run basis, thankfully.

Jericho now leaning into that Rogan style podcast every shit comedian is doing now where they claim everyone has gone mad and they're the voice of reason and DEBATE IS HEALTHY MAN.

I love Jericho as a performer but I switched off a long time ago from him as a person

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How is it healthy to listen to the views of a guy who thinks the fucking planet is flat? I'd wager most of the flat earthers initially thought the way you did and now look at them. Honestly.

I just don’t think it’s healthy to only listen to views you agree with, creates an echo chamber and nothing gets done to bring people’s views together. If people listened to these crackpots earlier and had a proper discussion they wouldn’t be off on such tangents. So that’s why I listen  

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Louch said:

I just don’t think it’s healthy to only listen to views you agree with, creates an echo chamber and nothing gets done to bring people’s views together. 

But it's about the Earth being flat. This is science. It's not a debate about who the best Doctor Who is, where you can't prove it one way or another. You're platforming people with demonstrably wrong views and they should be robustly deplatformed and ignored. Giving oxygen to these kinds of people is dangerous and has proven to be as such repeatedly, especially since the onset of social media.

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

But it's about the Earth being flat. This is science. It's not a debate about who the best Doctor Who is, where you can't prove it one way or another. You're platforming people with demonstrably wrong views and they should be robustly deplatformed and ignored. Giving oxygen to these kinds of people is dangerous and has proven to be as such repeatedly, especially since the onset of social media.

It’s not just about the earth being flat, they cover multiple topics. Science used to think the sun went around the earth, not saying I agree with any of what’s been said, but just ignoring them and hoping they go away is hardly working is it? You learn their points, counter argue and get people off the ledge. Just shouting “you’re wrong so don’t talk” ain’t helping the world we live in much. Just like you are doing here 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Louch said:

I just don’t think it’s healthy to only listen to views you agree with, creates an echo chamber and nothing gets done to bring people’s views together.

But when David Weiss says that the earth stops at the North Pole because it’s flat and Australia is made up because the government want you to think the world is round, it’s not debate. It’s stupidity and not worth giving the air time to. People like him who believe that nonsense are some of the biggest morons on this (round) planet. Look at my first post and see what David Weiss and his British mate are talking about. Not even worth counter arguing because it’s that stupid. I remember him and the British bloke saying David Bowie isn’t dead and is a cover up. I can’t remember what the cover up was or if they even went into it. But still nonsense. They probably think every death is a cover up and disbelieve every single thing the media reports. What a way to live your life.

Their conspiracy theories on serious things like covid are laughable. Why can’t they just talk about Avril Lavigne being replaced by an actress instead. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Louch said:

It’s not just about the earth being flat, they cover multiple topics. Science used to think the sun went around the earth, not saying I agree with any of what’s been said, but just ignoring them and hoping they go away is hardly working is it? 

How much do you hear of Milo Yiannopoulos since he was deplatformed?

If you're fine with giving airtime to people who have scientifically disproven views, who are spreading said dangerous views to more and more people, then you're actually part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Debating is healthy. "Listening" to nonsense with no right of reply is fucking pointless.

It gives me their arguments to go and research, then when I talk to someone who has those views I’m ready to debate. How’s that pointless? 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Louch said:

It gives me their arguments to go and research, then when I talk to someone who has those views I’m ready to debate. How’s that pointless? 

It sounds utterly pointless even just reading it. It's your time, so you do what you want, but it's not providing a useful service.

If someone gives you a red pen and tells you it’s blue, they’re wrong and you can prove that because you have a red pen in your hand and no-one holds a blue one. 
We have evidence that the Earth isn’t flat, David Weiss has nothing, that’s why you don’t debate with him and his kind, because they have nothing.

I forget which comedian it was that did a routine about having balance in the media, but it would be like staging a debate between a dentist, explaining the reasons to have good dental hygiene, verses a someone whose pulled 9 of their teeth out using shoe-laces.

“Explain why I’m wrong, don’t tell me you’re right”

Edited by WyattSheepMask