Talk Is Jericho... Or Is It Just a Conspiracy?

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members

I think we've heard enough from Jericho already to know where he stands politically without giving him the satisfaction of another listener.

He's even been 'performing' concerts during the lockdown. He's thick as shit but is also a prick.

Edited by garynysmon

Not that it makes him any less of a dickhead, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was working this. I imagine there's a certain temptation to skew podcasts this way. The algorithm for this catch-all conspiracy shit seems like a lucrative one. You'd no sooner have a shoelace dangle into the rabbit hole and your recommended content and associated advertising is all of similar ilk. 

Blame Joe Rogan for establishing this dreaded DMT & Jiu-Jitsu section of the Venn diagram that's turned from light entertainment to the sole news source for a very large number of people. 

He is dumb... However, I agree. This is a work. Gets him more listens. If you had a Venn Diagram with 'wrestling fans', 'heavy metal fans' and 'rootin tootin MAGA conspiracy nuts', you'd have a fairly sizeable market in the middle.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, AVM said:

He is dumb... However, I agree. This is a work. Gets him more listens. If you had a Venn Diagram with 'wrestling fans', 'heavy metal fans' and 'rootin tootin MAGA conspiracy nuts', you'd have a fairly sizeable market in the middle.

It's a work until you're forgetting it's a work. And that's a line guys like Jericho can't see until it's well behind him.

I listened, don’t agree with what’s being said, but it’s healthy to listen to other views as can help question things to some degree. He just do decent numbers wise for Jericho to keep having him on 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Louch said:

I listened, don’t agree with what’s being said, but it’s healthy to listen to other views as can help question things to some degree. He just do decent numbers wise for Jericho to keep having him on 

Generally yes, but on this one, absolutely fucking not.

The reason the home of US democracy was mobbed last night was because of bullshit and baseless conspiracy theories being aired and repeated to a degree that enough stupid people are willing to believe them. Some of these nutters ended up turning on Fox fucking News of all things and moving their support to an even more right wing outlet (Newsmax) just to find anything that would confirm their pre-conceived biases.

Free and frank debate and not agreeing with someone is a staple of a healthy democracy. But anyone that gives a platform for anyone to air just baseless shit on QAnon etc needs to be called out.

If this was a one off I'd give Jericho a pass, but he has plenty of form. As I said earlier, we know where he stands. The prick.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Is it only wrestling fans that think things must be a 'work' if a wrestler does something stupid or reveals themselves to have extreme or moronic views? Genuine question. Would Corrie fans claim Ken Barlow is working them if he said the moon was made of cheese? 

EDIT: I personally don't think it is a work, I think Jericho is a moron with moronic views. He's shown this numerous times in the past.

Edited by Nick James