WWE Raw: Legends Night

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Is the Legends Night gimmick enough to get people to check out the show who normally wouldn't? Not sure I get the point without a crowd.Ā 

Don't know if you've seenĀ these quotes that are all over today? The big orange racist claims the youngsters are cold towards him. I wonder why? We klan only guess.

WWE legend Hulk Hogan spoke with ESPNā€™s Greg Wyshynski and was asked about the vibe when he is backstage at WWE events. ā€œItā€™s a mixed bag,ā€ Hogan said. ā€œSome people I get a really warm reception from. Some of the younger guys are really cold to me, like Iā€™m coming to steal the main event. And Iā€™m like, ā€˜I canā€™t do this anymore, guys! Iā€™m not a threat!ā€™

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Probably do better than normal, because you get a few mentals who think "Legends Night" means they'll bring the Attitude era back and Sable will get her tits out. I used to be the target audience for a Legends show, but have no interest in seeing Hogan and Flair walking around like itsĀ Zombie Land 3.

• Paid Members

Love the idea of Hogan walking away from a frosty reception from the New Day thinking, "marks think I'm gonna steal their spot!"

You'd hope they do some mad angle to keep a percentage of people tuning in for the old folks. Honestly, at this point, I'd change the title and put it on Keith Lee, just to do something a bit different and surprising.

Ā 

27 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Is the Legends Night gimmick enough to get people to check put the show who normally wouldn't?

Theyā€™ve done so many legend themed episodes now that it doesnā€™t feel particularly intriguing to me. The legends in question are always the same, and they rarely do anything of consequence on these episodes.Ā 

Although I still keep tabs on Smackdown - itā€™s usually a fun watch - I donā€™t need WWE to get my wrestling fix anymore. Iā€™m not sure what, if anything, they could do to get me watching RAW again but it isnā€™t this.

Lee and Drew shouldn't be happening for the title. Keith doesn't need to be put in a position to lose again, and Drew surely can't be dropping the title again. It's a weird choice.

I'll probably just check stuff out on YouTube out of curiosity. See who Randy Orton tries to kill this week. You can burn a lot of people in 3 hours.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Probably do better than normal, because you get a few mentals who think "Legends Night" means they'll bring the Attitude era back and Sable will get her tits out. I used to be the target audience for a Legends show, but have no interest in seeing Hogan and Flair walking around like itsĀ Zombie Land 3.

Yeah, this.

I used to make a point of watching these being the nostalgia perve that I am, but even I am fed up of the same old thing. Its always the same old faces in the same old skits doing the same old spots.

Pretty mad that the likes of Alicia Fox is considered a legend in anyone's book, and it makes me feel old as fuck that people from the "Ruthless Aggression" (i.e this isn't as good as it used to be) era are now being wheeled out for this kind of thing.

Will probably seek out a few clips tomorrow just to see how old they're all looking by now though.

Edited by garynysmon

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Lee and Drew shouldn't be happening for the title. Keith doesn't need to be put in a position to lose again, and Drew surely can't be dropping the title again. It's a weird choice.

Someone causes a no-contest somehow, Triple Threat at Royal Rumble where Drew pins said person. Drew keeps the belt, Lee doesnā€™t get beat, and everyone moves on

I only watched the main event which was decent, but laughed joyously at

Spoiler

super babyface Drew disrespectfullyĀ scoffing at the prospect of his Royal Rumble opponent by saying "It'll be like fighting my dad, mate!" right in his face. Hahaha

Ā 

Edited by Mr.Showtime
spoilers, mate

• Paid Members

I had a flick through on the BT app. Just the finishes and the backstage segments. Not gonna lie, I found it thoroughly depressing. I get that they want to make the Legends part of the show but having Randy Orton break the poor bastards down with no commupence just feels cruel.

Or was the end supposed to be it? Was that the retort for the lack of respect? Involving a guy who has never disrespected anyone? But then does, because... well, who knows?

Is Charlotte a babyface? I know, I know, a stupid question with this company but I'd really like to know if she's supposed to be and they think that her being such a cunt to her Dad is fine blue eye behaviour?

The commentary is still abysmal. What where they trying to sell with the finish to Riddle/Lashley? Was Riddle brilliant or was Lashley cheated? What's the narrative? Do they even have one? It's not even like they've got a heel selling one version and a baby selling the other. Just a horrible grey story not being told.

The faux laughter on commentary might he my least favourite Vince-ism. It's probably the biggest reason I never, ever warmed to Michael Cole. Even when he and Tazz were doing a decent job on play by play, watching old segments now and his fake enjoyment still ruins it.

How many champions lost? I counted three, Charlotte, Lashley and Sheltie B but I could be wrong as not entirely sure who all the Champions are. What a(nother) horrible trait.

Was Carlito there? I didn't see him.

Positives? Torrie Wilson looked great. Tatanka in full dress always makes me chuckle. Drew McIntyre comes across great. His "mouth of the south of Ireland" line was good.Ā 

The only other thing, and some may disagree, isĀ that as cruel and shit as the interaction with the Legends was, this did at least feel like the young guys were the stars and the old duffers were yesterday's news. Maybe that was the whole point, to untell the story they've been telling for 20 years, that their success is all in the past? At least that narrative makes sense until they rely on a Legend to sell the Royal Rumble...

• Paid Members

Other than Drew laughing in Goldberg's face, what the hell was the scooter all about with Mark Henry? If it's a health reason then fair enough, but it come across more as Chris Eubank in the Big Brother house than cool.