WWE Raw: Legends Night

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Drew/Lee was actually pretty damn good for a Raw match, continually impressed by the standard set by Drew and Lee played into it lovely. 

I hope to God though that Drew goes over at the Rumble. There is zero interest in another Goldberg title run unless they're looking at unifying the belts (vs. Reigns) at Wrestlemania. Which begs the question, why would you knacker your (second) biggest star to get there? Hopefully Miz cashes in and buggers it up. 

Miz should cash in at the Rumble and eat a few spears keep Goldberg strong before Drew beats him.

Outrage over Bill being back is stupid, he still looks the part and legends always have a place if used properly (which I feel this is), Drew bumping from the push was a mistake but maybe Goldberg pushed him too hard or he was ready, who knows, both looked fired up though with is good.

Guess it puts to bed Goldberg Vs Reigns if he looses? 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Drew bumping from the push was a mistake but maybe Goldberg pushed him too hard or he was ready, who knows, both looked fired up though with is good.

Nah, that was fine. He'd just called him an old man. That helped redress the balance.

It was my least favourite Goldberg appearance in forever because, and I know this will shock a lot of people, the writing was terrible.

Goldberg coming out to address the lack of respect and promise to defend the honour of the Legends stood on the ramp makes complete sense. If he challenged Randy Orton. drew hadn't done anything. And he's the number one babyface, why would you even suggest it? It's absolute shite. Goldberg actually disrespected everyone in his attempt to defend them far more than Drew supposedly had.

They could have had Drew close the show by honouring the legends and saying he wished he could have fought Hogan or Flair in their prime. that he wished any of the legends where in prime shape to headline with him. Then the music plays, Goldberg says "I'm next" and they go nose to nose to close the show. Simple stuff.

Yeah, the final angle was baffling.

It was like they’d forgot to show a load of angles where Drew disrespected the Legends.

I don’t get Keith Lee at all. I think he looks like a tired old baby and everything looks difficult with him. Also, the way he lifts his arms over his head so obviously to feed for a body shot really annoyed me.

• Paid Members

I have no idea what's happened to wrestling, but these legends who were so larger than life just look like ex-I'm A Celeb contestants showing up on Celebrity Supermarket Sweep these days. Their use of former big names in criminal. Tatanka sitting there with legit Hall of Famers. Nobody give a fuck about Tatanka when he was in his 20s.

• Paid Members

Yep. That final segment was like everyone had suddenly Quantum Leaped into a different show. Goldberg wants to fight Drew for disrespecting legends, when Drew has been the purest, most respectful babyface in forever, and then Drew suddenly starts acting the prick and mocking Goldberg for being old. So weird. I love Goldberg, and the majority of people who moan about him are just flat-out wrong, but this was the least special he's ever felt. Like a drunk uncle looking for a fight no matter what. As always, it just felt like the laziest writing imaginable. That's my biggest takeaway. There's such little life and effort put into everything they do that even the desperate, panicked ratings grabs feel lazy and half-arsed now. It's like everyone is just waiting for Vince to die, Vince included. Remember when ratings grabs meant mad shit like HBK vs. Kurt Angle in an Iron Man Match? Nowadays it's Melina just standing in an empty corridor.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I have no idea what's happened to wrestling, but these legends who were so larger than life just look like ex-I'm A Celeb contestants showing up on Celebrity Supermarket Sweep these days. Their use of former big names in criminal. Tatanka sitting there with legit Hall of Famers. Nobody give a fuck about Tatanka when he was in his 20s.

I've only seen clips on twitter, but is part of it the lack of a crowd here? It's one thing for a big name to come out with a big entrance and have the crowd make a big deal of it - but when they're all sat around corridors or just turning up, it feels more artificial. And that makes it feel like a bunch of people have turned up just for the paycheck.